Ch. 4

(New Yoke City)

(New Yoke City)

Nine was in his lab. He couldn't shake the feeling about the 'other Sonic'.

Recently in his camera he has been catching some graffiti in the alley ways of New Yoke City.

Since the Egg-counsel has been banished to another dimension. Nine has been a little opened with the team.

A familiar robotic voice said, "Greetings Nine." The young fox turns to Rusty Rose and replied, "Please don't sneak up on me like that Rusty. I get jumpy in secret."

Rusty then walks to him and looked at the monitor with the graffiti on it. She then said, "I'm assuming you're looking at the handy work of the Shadowpunks, judging from their little artwork."

Nine turns to the robotic hedgehog and asked, "Shadowpunks? Who or what are the Shadowpunks?"

Rusty with a surprised expression and asked, "You have not heard of these troublemakers?"

Nina shook his head. Due to the fact he has been alone for so long he never heard of them.

Rusty then explained, "They are New Yoke Cities most uncatchable trouble makers. The only explanation we have is that they hide in the shadows 'hence the name Shadowpunks'. Though one of the rebellion 'Renegade' had somehow contacted them and they became their anonymous allies."

Renegade 'who was listening to the conversation in the shadows'.

Nine asked, "If that's true then what's with all of the graffiti? Most of these are the egg-counsel getting scrambled. Literally."

He points at the screen with the graffiti of the egg counsel 'with terrified looks on their faces' in a frying pan getting turned into scrambled eggs by an eggbeater.

Rusty answered, "They hate the counsel as much as we rebellion do. No one knows why. Most likely they attack the robots in the shadows with their unique abilities."

Renegade sighed deeply as he walked off. While looking down he sighed and said, "It never occurred to me that Sonic was actually another Street-Edge from a different dimension. Though it does make sense. He looked like him, but less edgy."

It was a little bit of a quiet walk out for a few minutes but when he passed a darkened hallway, a familiar voice said 'catching his attention', "Yo dude."

Renegade gasped as he looked at the shadowy figure leaning on the wall in a cool street-cred way.

Then the shadowy figure emerged as he walked to Renegade.

It revealed an edgy version of Sonic 'who is none other than one of the shadow punks'.

Renegade sighed deeply before he lectured the blue edgy hedgehog, "Ugh! Don't ever scare me like that again Street-Edge."

Street-Edge replied with his cool and street-cred tone, "Can't make that kind a promise man. So where the heck have ya been dude? Me and the sibs have been tryin to contact yas."

Renegade replied, "It's a long story S.E. But I need to know. Are you three okay?"

Street-Edge smirked and answered, "We are still in one piece dawg."

Renegade sighs in relief before he said, "Oh thank heavens. I was worried about you three."

That's when Renegade asked as he realized something, "Wait, how did you get in?"

Street-Edge answered as he pointed at a vent nearby, "Entered an air-vent dawg. As a shadow-punk, I find sneakier ways to get in places without being seen or triggering alarms."

Renegade then said, "Oh right. Well then, how about we sneak out of the here before someone sees you?"

Street-Edge winks and answers him, "Sure thing man. Follow me. The sibs are expecting us."

That's when Street-Edge slipped into the air vent he came from.

Renegade whispered to himself, "They are going to be thrilled when I tell them but at the same time, not so thrilled."

Street-Edges voice echoed in the vent, "Hey Ren, you coming? what's keeping ya dude?"

Renegade replied as he crawled into the vent, "Keep your vest on S.E. I'm coming."

He followed the edgy Sonic as Nine and Rusty walked passed the hallway halfway.

Rusty sees the vent was open as Nine asked, "Something wrong Rusty?"

Rusty turns to the young fox and answered, "I thought I sense 2 beings here. Must be a technical difficulty."