Ch. 5

(Boscage Maze)

(Boscage Maze)

Gnarly and Mangy were on the tree looking at their land as peaceful as ever.

Mangy got Gnarlys attention as he barked a little.

Gnarly asked, "Why do we need to see him? You know those cursed villagers hate us due to the fact that we are outsiders. Especially Spike."

Mangy whimpered and barked sadly as Gnarly said to him, "Yes I know. But what can we do to gain his trust? We can't just go walking there and talk to him. He's not too fond of us."

Mangy barked as he explained that 'Spike did save his life without him knowing, yet he didn't see anything scary about him.'

Gnarly thought for a moment before he said, "Good point. I can't forget how I encountered him. Before Thorn-Rose went on a rampage and scared us to the tree. I tried to get my share but I went too far. Went over to the forbidden side. Instead of Thorn, I encountered a much more majestic but cursed creature."

Mangy whimpered 'puppy style' in a questioned way.

Gnarly replied to him, "Well I was terrified at first but looking at this creature made me see something I didn't."

<flashback>

Gnarly ran off from the forbidden side as he gasped while looking back.

He then tripped and turned around to see a  monstrous bat-like creature.

Its fangs are sharper and its wings were big. But it also resembled a wombat.

It was rushing to him before something pushed it to the side of the jungle.

Gnarly gasped as a tiger roar was heard.  Gnarly rushed to the scene and saw the same Tiger-like hedgehog creature 'that bore some resemblance to Sonic'.

It slashed, clawed at the bat-monster while roaring. The bat-monster fought but the Tiger-hedgehog was stronger and faster.

It then used its claws and slashed the bat-monster while it roared.

The battle was finished as the tiger-hedgehog creature breathed heavily as it got off of the carcass and licked its paws.

Gnarly couldn't believe his eyes, this tiger-like hedgehog saved him without even knowing.

He couldn't help but look at the majestic cursed villager before him.

(Flashback ends)