Ch. 17

A/N: Up until now

A/N: Up until now. I thought of bringing back an unexpected guess. It woulda been a lot more interesting with 'Her'.

Dread kneeled down before calling Sonics name twice.

On the second time he called his name, Sonic woke up.

He opens his eyes. At first, he thought it was Knuckles looking at him.

He said softly but tired-like, "K-Knux? Is that you?"

But when his vision was clear, to his surprise it was Dread.

Dread looked away without turning his head and answered, "Uhh, No it's not."

Sonic sat up in surprised before he said, "Dread?"

Dread asked, "Its good to see yer still alright lad. What are yee doing here? I thought yee were back in your world?"

Sonic answered him as he looked around, "I was... Where are we?"

Dread answered him as he stood up, "We are in Shell-Wave Cove. It's sort of difficult to explain. Did yer world shatter again?"

The blue hedgehog tried to stand up and said, "Well, in a relief no. There is a different reason why I'm here."

That was when Sonic grunted as his ankle felt like something stung him.

Dread 'alarmed by this' asked, "Are yee aright?"

Sonic stood up slowly and answered, "I'm fine. I must've twisted my ankle on the way here."

Dread replied to him, "Try being easy on yerself boyo."

That was when Sonic asked, "So where are the others and why are you here alone?"

Dread picked up the blue hedgehog before the two of them went back to the boat where he left it.

Dread then answered him as he puts down Sonic in the boat, "I left them behind but I did for a reason. No, it's not treasure, it's something else."

Sonic raised a brow and asked, "So what are you after exactly?"

Dread answered him as he got in the boat, "Not what lad, who. This may sound strange but... This will probably be shocking. But I'll haft to explain this once we get to the destination. These waters are not safe for small boats at night."

<when they reached the old Fishing Village>

Sonic was a little surprised as they got off the boat.