Ch. 18

Once Sonic finished talking, Dread was a little confused but he knew what he meant.

Sonic asked, "So who are you after Dread and why?"

Dread answered him, "Well? I needed to get an old friend I needed to get back. And that friend is Deep-Blue."

Sonic asked in surprised, "Deep-Blue?"

Dread nodded and answered, "Ai lad. The one of the 3 descendants of Davey Jones himself. Be known as Deep-Blue due to his blue fur color."

Sonic had a feeling before he asked, "This Deep-Blue didn't happen to look like me correct?"

Dread nodded and answered, "Ay lad. He did. But his appearance is more pirate like. He and his brother 'Sea-Foam' guard the Bermuda Triangle. They are also known as the sea monster commanders."

Sonic asked in confusion, "Sea monster commanders?"

Dread nodded and explained, "Both brothers commands the sea monsters by telling them what to do. They can even communicate with them."

Sonic had a feeling about this before he asked, "If Davey Jones was the father, who was the Mother?"

Dread answered him, "The purest mermaid that ever lived. Crystal La Siren."

Sonic then asked, "So, how did you encounter this Deep-Blue and what was the connection?"

Dread explained it to him, "Long ago before me title of the legendary pirate when I was only a child. I was running from the corrupted kings guards."

(When Dread was a child)

Young Dread kept running from the guards as one of them said, "HE'S GETTING AWAY!!"

Young Dread then sees a dock a nearby. There he sees a young blue hedgehog in rags (Young Deep-Blue).

He was fishing happily while humming a tune that was so familiar.

Young Dread growled as he heard the guards coming closer.

He went over to the dock as he looked behind him

The blue hedgehog boy turns to him before he asked, "What's wrong little boy?"

Young-Dread coldly said, "Quiet! I gotta hide!"

The blue hedgehog boy then opened up a nearby barrel and said to him, "Quick hide in here."

Young-Dread looked behind before he obeyed the blue hedgehog boy.

Once young Dread was hiding, the young hedgehog boy resumed fishing.

Young Dread peeked from the hole as one of the guards said, "Ugh! He got away! He couldn't gotten far."

The second guard suggested, "How about talking to that peasant boy freak?"

The first guard answered, "Ehh, he wouldn't even know. That peasant boys a pain along with his brother and sister."

He hears the guards walking away and talking. Once they were gone, Young Dread poked his head out as the young hedgehog boy said, "Okay, it's safe. You can come out now."

Young Dread got out of his hiding spot as he sat down beside him.

<flashback ends>

Dread then finished explaining, "I had a little chat with him. Knowing I would still be chased by the guards, I had to lay low, though the boy was kind enough to offer me to stay with him. At the time I, see that they're actually adopted."

Sonic was surprised as Dread told the rest of the story.