Cherished moments

Sean POV
Ever since our pool day this past weekend, it was harder to think about Naya. That woman is so much more than her looks. I've never had someone who was that considerate and tried to make me feel better. It made me reminisce about when we initially started dating Naya got the recipe for my grandma's pound cake and surprised me with it. It was things like that made me fall in love with her. It was Wednesday and I wanted to see her, but I know it's harder in the week to meet up. I decided to text her to see what her schedule looked like for the day.
Sean: What are you doing today, pretty lady?
Naya: I just got done with a Zoom meeting with the cast for a briefing about the season.
Sean: When do you guys go back to filming?
Naya: We start in December then we come back home in May.
Sean: come back home?
Naya: We film in Atlanta...I thought I told you that before
Sean: if you did I probably blocked it out cuz you'll be gone for a while.
Naya: You could always come visit if you need your fix of humor.
Sean: I might have to take you up on that offer.
Naya: I'd be offended if you didn't.
Sean: Josey goes with you to Atlanta for the whole time?
Naya: Yeah...I have a nanny over there to help out and Ryan comes to visit once a month.
Sean: Damn... you're a super mom for real.
Naya: Thank you...what are you doing today?
Sean: I was going to head to the studio in about an hour...I was wondering if you want to come and check out some of the music.
Naya: Sure...you'll pick me up and drop me off?
Sean: Of course

I went to my closet and threw on a simple outfit. I drove 35 minutes to Naya's place and rolled up in the driveway. Naya was walking out the door in my driveway as I got out of the car to open her door.

The studio was a 40-minute drive from Naya's, but the ride was fun

The studio was a 40-minute drive from Naya's, but the ride was fun. Naya and I jammed out to some R&B music together. We walked into the studio and she sat down on the couch, while I was at the panel setting up everything. I played one of the full tracks I created on the album called "Body language". It was one of the tracks I put a lot of work into, but it doesn't feel right.
"What do you think", I asked turning around to Naya sitting with her legs crossed.
"Honestly I think something is missing", she said bluntly.
"But, what exactly?", I asked her stumped what could be missing.
Naya walked over to me and sat in the other chair next to the panel.
"This song is great with just you, but aren't a good portion of songs fans love to have your ex vocals on them", she explained to me.
"You telling me that I should work with my ex-girlfriend again", I said slightly offended about it.
"Not necessarily, but maybe try and get some vocals on the song I think would top it off", Naya suggested looking into the booth.
"Why don't you do it?", I said and Naya looked in my direction with an uneasy look.
"Sean I haven't sung professionally on a song in like three or four years", Naya said looking worried.
"Listen, you don't have to...you have a beautiful unique voice... only if you feel comfortable", I said to her.
"Okay", Naya whispered and played with her fingers. I took her hands into mine while pulling her towards me.
Naya wrapped her arms around my neck and I placed my hands on her waist.
"You could do anything and you are one of the most talented people I know", I said to reassure her. Naya leaned down to place a gentle kiss on my lips. Naya started to pull back, but I cupped her face and pulled her in for more.
"Sean I heard you got this...", I heard out of nowhere with the door swinging open. Naya and I pulled back from each other...I looked up and standing at the door was Offset.
"My bad bro I thought you were here by yourself... I was going to ask you about a track you got", Offset explained.
"No worries, Off..this is Naya Rivera and Naya this is Offset", I introduced the two to each other hoping it would kill the awkwardness. Offset reached his hand out to shake Naya's hand. Offset told me he'd call me and say goodbye to Naya then left. Once, the door closed I looked at Naya whose cheeks were flushed.
"Well that wasn't awkward", Naya joked.
"Sorry...you ready to head out now", I asked knowing Naya would have to be home soon to take care of Josey.
"Yeah, let go", Naya said getting up from the chair. I drove Naya back home while she held my free hand.
I walked Naya to her front door and kissed her goodbye. Hopefully, Naya will take me up on my offer to do some vocals on the song.