Progressing

Sean POV

I didn't hear from Naya the rest of the day, and I'm pretty sure the asshole didn't even tell her I called. The fact that Cole had to tell me about the song made me feel like shit. I love this woman, and if there was a chance that I hurt Naya, I had to fix it. It was nearly 10 p.m. when Naya texted back.
Naya: Hey. If you're up, we can talk now.
Sean: I'm up...
I answered the FaceTime video by viewing Naya with her hair down and wearing her glasses. It's crazy how someone can be so cute and gorgeous at the same time.

 It's crazy how someone can be so cute and gorgeous at the same time

"Hey, baby," I greeted her with a little smile.

"Hey," Naya responded in a hushed tone. I noticed Naya's nose was a little red, and her eyes were puffy.

"You've been crying. What happened?" I asked, worried that I had upset her or that there was something more going on.

"Ummm, apparently to Josey's therapist, the lake incident has caused him PTSD," Naya sniffled. I'm honestly not too shocked about that assessment since it hasn't even officially been a year since the accident.

"I'm sorry, babe. Is there anything I can do?" I asked, wanting to be as helpful as possible.

"Not really. You try so hard to keep your kids safe and protect them, but this just scared Josey," said Naya, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Naya, something traumatic happened to the both of you. The only difference is that Josey's younger, so it affected him differently. You didn't do anything more", I tried reassuring my visibly upset girlfriend.

"Yeah, let's not talk about it for right now. Tell me about your day," Naya said, looking at me with pleading eyes.

"Well, I worked out today and was arranging some stuff for the tour. I also listened to this ethereal woman collaboration on a song with Pink Sweats," I mentioned, causing her to crack her cute smile.

"Why do you think this woman is "ethereal"?, Naya asked using the quotation hand.

"Simply everything. Her voice, her generosity, her humor, her loyalty, her beauty, and her laugh. That woman is just otherworldly," I explained, watching Naya blush as I described her.

"You're the sweetest. What did you think of the song?" Naya questioned.

"Honestly, I think you should showcase your voice with ballads more. You are an incredible vocalist," I said, telling her what I assume everyone thinks of Naya.

"Yeah, but people don't appreciate vocalists anymore. I have written some songs I think people would like right now," Naya mentioned, thinking of my advice.

"Maybe next time I see you, you'll have a chance to show some to me," I said, unsure of when I'll see Naya with the Josey issues going on.

"Maybe. I want to see you, but everything is just chaotic," Naya sighed, looking disappointed.