Arriving

Naya POV

I woke up to the alarm blaring and shut it off before I had to urge myself to throw my phone. I rolled out of bed and went to the shower. I checked my phone to see a message telling me he was on the way with breakfast. Well, that took care of figuring out breakfast. By the time I got out of the shower and got dressed, Sean should be arriving in 10 minutes. I took time to check over my luggage and purse to ensure I had everything. I heard a car pull up in the driveway and walked out of the house with my bags. Sean was there, getting out of the town car, and grabbed my bag while I went into the car.

"Hey, here's your breakfast," Sean said, handing me a breakfast burrito with peppermint tea from my favorite breakfast place when we used to date

"Thanks; I can't believe you remember that this was my favorite place to get breakfast," I said to Sean, taking a bite out of the burrito.

"Yeah, you're not picky, but if you like something, you'll go there religiously," said Sean.

"I haven't gone there since we broke up," I said, realizing what I let slip. Sean's face looked like it had dropped.

"I just didn't want to possibly run into your memories of us going there," I explained, digging myself into a bigger hole.

"I'm sorry, Naya. I was younger and such an idiot," Sean said, staring at me.

"Things happen for a reason... We both learned from it, and I got my Josey from it," I explained to Sean. Sean and I moved on from the topic and went over memories from vacations when we were dating when we noticed we had already spent two hours in the car. The rest of the ride there, we jammed out to music together and danced as best as we could in our seats. We pulled up to the hotel, Bellanca, at 11:30 a.m. and checked in. Our suite was gorgeous, with a stunning view and a private pool and hot tub. It was surprisingly twenty degrees warmer, which I didn't hate at all. I sat on the couch in the living room as Sean brought our bags into the room.

What do you want to do until?" I asked Sean as he sat down on the couch next to me.

"We could go explore the island for a little while if you want to," Sean responded. I got up from the couch, and Sean followed behind. We walked towards this little ice cream shop that is proclaimed to have the best ice cream on the island. I got cookies and cream, and Sean decided to get vanilla.

"You are so gorgeous," Sean said as I wiped some ice cream off my face.

"Yup, you seeing me like this gets you riled up," I joked about his comment.

"I'm a man that likes what he likes," Sean said, and I giggled at his response. We decide to head back to the hotel after walking around for two hours. We decide to spend some downtime watching shows together until dinner. Sean went to the shower while I just decided to change and quickly freshen up. I slipped on a little black dress with black heels and decided to wear my brunette hair down.