Pettiness

Sean POV
It's been a week since our little vacation, and I haven't been able to see Naya, but we've been trying to FaceTime at night and text throughout the day.
Recording has been very intense since I got back. I decided to take a little break to check on my mom. My mom and I don't speak every day, but I always take care of her, and she knows I'll drop everything if she needs me. I waited for Ms. Myra Anderson to answer, which she eventually did.

"Hey mama," I said to greet her.

"What's up, baby?" she responded.

"Nothing much; I'm at the studio and a little overwhelmed," I said, knowing she'd comfort and encourage me like she always does.

"Already, I thought that little vacation you took would have made you reset," she said smartly.

"The vacation was good, but I'm not on vacation anymore, so..." I replied, not going to confess until she just asked me about Naya.

"Boy, don't play with me; you know I'm referring to Naya, so tell me what happened," she threatened me.

"Naya and I have been hanging out for the past few months, and she's my girlfriend as of last week," I confessed to her, not wanting my ass beat.

"Girlfriend?" she shouted over the phone.

"Yeah," I responded simply to her.

"Well, I always did admire Naya's ambition and nurturing nature. Naya's down to earth and beautiful, but Sean, if you mess this up, there's no coming back. As a woman with kids, things aren't going to be like last time. Moms don't put up with certain shit that women without children do. I hope you are serious this time. That young woman is amazing and has a genuine heart. I was pissed about how you messed up your relationship with her last time," she ranted, warning me.

"I know I would have never contacted Naya again if I wasn't serious about her. I remember how pissed you were when I did what I did to her, and I understand more now knowing that she is rare", I responded, soaking up her rant to me.

"Anyway, I'll be in town next week when I arrive on December 6, so maybe we can all go out together?" she asked me.

"I'd love to see Mama; it's just that Naya is supposed to leave on the 9th to start filming a show, so I'm sure she will have time," I informed her.

"Ask her; I would love to see her," she said, and I promised that I would because Naya and my mom always got along.

Later that night, I was in bed, and when Naya and I were on FaceTime, I decided to ask her about her availability.

"I spoke to my mom today; she is coming on the 6th, and she would like us to have dinner or lunch with us before you leave," I told Naya while she looked shocked.

"I should be busy trying to get things together, but maybe I could make it work for the 7th," Naya said, looking through her agenda that was on the nightstand next to her bed.

"It would be nice to see you before you leave," I mentioned to her, which caused a big smile to appear on her face.

"Yeah, I do miss seeing you irl  (in real life), but mom's life and work are a bit hectic right now," Naya explained to me. We ended the call at 8:30 p.m. because Naya had to get up early with Joesy in the morning. I headed downstairs, looking for a late-night snack, when I heard the doorbell ring. Who the hell would come by this late at night? I went to the front door and was greeted by my ex-girlfriend, Jhene Aiko. Jhene put her hand on the door, trying to push herself into the house, but I kept the door stagnant.

"You're going to treat me like this?" she asked, shocked by my actions.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.