No Contact

NAYA POV
SATURDAY, JANUARY 7

The past two days have been so hard for me to not talk to Sean. I don't even know if this is an official breakup, but it hurts. I just keep wondering if this is supposed to be happening with Sean and me. Since we got back in connection, life hasn't been smooth sailing since being apart and our exes getting involved. I think the root of my doubt is the whole Josey situation, because once somebody's introduced into a kid's life, it's hard to just make the kid forget about them. What is truly insane is that I believe I may be in love with Sean; however, is this a relationship that has the potential to last? I have been just fully throwing myself into work, and Josey. Today we are on our way to Legoland. Josey and I walked into Legoland hand in hand, and the place was surprisingly packed.

"Alright, Jojo, remember, you only get to pick out one toy after we look around first," I said, looking down at my sin and gazing over the store like it were heaven.

"Okay, mommy," Joesy replied.

Josey loved it at Legoland; we spent almost three hours in there before he was ready to go. Surprisingly, Legoland was fun because they actually had a lot of different things I didn't even know could be Legos. We headed back home to unwind after dinner, watching The Lion King in my bedroom together.
"Mommy, are you okay?" Josey asked, looking up at me in the middle of the movie.

"Yeah, of course," I responded, confused as to why Josey would ask that.

"Are you sure? You seem a little sad," Josey responded.

"Don't worry about Mommy; I'm fine," I said, rubbing Josey's head.

"Remember you told me it's okay to be sad sometimes, and it helps if you talk about it?" Josey replied.

"I just miss one of my friends, that's all," I confessed, knowing my son is stubborn like both his parents.

"Is it Heather?" Josey asked, making me smile. Josey knows how much I love Heather Morris.

"No, you don't know this friend," I said to Josey.

"Maybe you can call your friend, mommy. You always let me speak to Owen when I miss him," Josey responded, referring to Heather's youngest son.

"Jojo, you are the smartest kid I know," I said, smiling down at how comforting my little boy is.

"Albert Einstein," Josey replied, causing me to burst out laughing, which made him laugh as well.

My goodness, how did I get so blessed to have such a lovely son like Josey? As much as I like to call Sean, that defeats the purpose of this no-contact time.

SEAN POV
MONDAY, JANUARY 9th

I hate not speaking to Naya, but she needs to figure out what she wants. I miss her laugh and smile, especially when she scrunches up her little nose. Why did I ask if I could meet Josey? Ugh, I should've let Naya bring it up, but I'm an idiot. Now look at me. I can't even speak to the woman that I'm in love with. I have to go on two interviews today to do some press since my album "Detroit 2" came out yesterday. The feedback has been decent so far. When I got to the studio, they were ready to start.

Interviewer: We have a special guest, Big Sean, in the house today. Welcome, Sean.

Sean: Thanks for having me.

Interview: Sean, you dropped an album yesterday; tell us what the process was like.

Sean: Honestly, this was more of a difficult album for me; I wasn't feeling confident in it until not too long ago.

Interviewer: What do you think caused that?

Sean: Ahh, shit, I'm not sure. I just think last year was rough for everyone, so it just affected music too.

Interviewer: How do you think you came over that?

Sean: Time and being around people who have good intentions and love to give you.

Interviewer: That's good advice. Who are these good people you have been around with so much love?

Sean: You know, just my family and friends.

Interviewer: Possibly a girlfriend?

Sean: Possibly.

Interviewer: Who may this girlfriend be?

Sean: The gorgeous, talented Naya Marie Rivera.

Interviewer: Wow! Y'all should check out Sean and Naya's Instagram accounts because they shared some cute and steamy photos a while back. Despite how good they look together, they also sound good together on Sean's single "Body Language".

Sean: Haha! Um, yeah, Naya was an enormous help with that single since I was stuck on it for a while.

Interviewer: Dude, when I heard the vocals on the song, I had to look up who it was, and I realized it was Naya. I was ecstatic, man. I hadn't heard her sing in a long time, and she really killed it on that song.

Sean: I agree, and it took me a minute to convince Naya to even get on track, but look at the success.

Interviewer: Can we expect more of Naya on songs in the future?

Sean: She's stupidly talented. I feel like Naya's unappreciated, so I'm glad this was able to bring some attention back to her singing. It's also helped me on the album, so hopefully.

Interviewer: What do you hope people get from this album?

Sean: Bliss. I want people to be able to feel something from this album after last year. I think it's good for people to try and get in touch with their feelings. Whether people think it's bad or good, just listen and feel emotions.

Interviewer: Will there be any tour dates yet?

Sean: Not as of yet. I just want to see how people react to this album.

Interviewer: Well, everyone give a round of applause for Big Sean.

I had to head to my other in an hour, so I decided to check my phone to see if Naya had reached out. I know the chances are slim, but with my album release and people asking questions about her, I'd love to talk to her. But there've been no new calls or messages from her. I just hope that Naya will realize that I'm serious about her and that I want to be in her life.

Naya POV
As soon as I woke up yesterday, I knew it was Sean's album release. I had to stop myself from texting him congratulations. I know that Sean was supposed to do some press for the next few days, so if I can't talk to him, at least I could watch him. While I was at lunch on set, I decided to watch just one of Sean's interviews, knowing if I'd seen his face too long, I'd cave in.

He was still considering me his girlfriend? I couldn't help but smile because we didn't even know what this time period meant besides not speaking. I definitely wasn't planning on seeing anyone during this time, but it's nice to know he still sees us as a couple. How Sean was speaking about it in such high regard made my heart flutter. I could only imagine what it was like for Sean, knowing I was the one to deeply question our conversation. I just pray that I figure out what to do.