Doctor's Appointment

Sean POV
MONDAY, DECEMBER 19th

I'm grateful that Naya and I were able to talk about everything. I was more thrilled at the possibility of us having a baby together. Naya is so attentive and nurturing that I wouldn't have any doubts about us raising a kid. I had to fly back the following morning to start some brief press before Christmas. I know Naya has a doctor's appointment this week, but not exactly the date. Thankfully, Naya is going to her doctor in California; she's picky about who she chooses as a caregiver. Everything seemed to be smoothed out; let's hope Jhene can just move on. Naya and I spoke the past two days when she would have lunch and before bed. I wanted to make sure she had everything she needed, even if we weren't sure if it was a false pregnancy or not. People were going crazy about the Instagram post Naya and I made. My manager wants to see if we'll go on an interview together, but we just want to keep everything as low-key as possible. I knew Naya would come back to Los Angeles on the 20th and wouldn't return until January 3rd to Atlanta. I hope we'll be able to have some quality time. I was in the studio putting a few last touches on the album when J. Cole came into the room.
"What's up, bro?" Cole asked while dabbing me up.

"Nothing, just trying to make greatness," I responded.

"Listen, I just want you to know I respect you for not going back and forth with Jhene. Unfortunately, it seems that she's talking hella shit about you and your girl," he informed me.

"Pfft, nothing I haven't seen already. Look what Jhene said a few days ago... Naya already has so much going on, and I don't want her on edge. Things are still going good, but Jhene is being petty right now, I said, annoyed at hearing her.

"I can tell you care a lot about Naya, and you look happier. Just be careful with Jhene lurking around," Cole warned me before leaving. I went home at 8 p.m. and decided to call Naya to figure out the doctor's appointment plans.

"Hey baby," I heard come from the phone.

"What's up, beautiful", I said in response.

"Nothing; I just got out of the shower, so I'm getting dressed," Naya informed me.

"Mhmm, when is your doctor's appointment this week?" I asked her, trying to distract myself from the thought of her naked.

"It's the 22nd at 12," Naya replied.

"Okay, I'll pick you up then," I said.

"No, Ryan will be staying the week at the house because Josey has been missing him. I think it's better if I meet you there," Naya quickly said.

"Oh," I said, taken off guard.

"Babe, I promise you, it's nothing like that; I just don't want to argue with Ryan about you coming to the house when Josey is around," Naya replied, trying to reassure me.

"Okay, I believe you," I said, not wanting to create an issue.

"Our flight should land at 8:09 p.m. tomorrow, so I'll call when I get home," Naya said, giving me a play-by-play for tomorrow.

"Alright, I'll see you then," I said.

I trust Naya, but her ex-husband staying over for the whole week makes me kind of stressed. I know things have been a little tense between them lately, but Naya hasn't explained it. This is her ex-husband and the father of her kid; they have something special between them that no one else can replace.

Naya POV
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21

It was good to wake up back at home in my usual bed. The flight back had some turbulence, but Josey was surprisingly nowhere near as scared as I was. Ryan picked us up from the airport, but while we were pulling out some paparazzi, they started taking pictures. Ryan and I haven't spoken much in the past few weeks, but I guess he sensed my nerves with the paparazzi, so he held my hand until they were no longer in sight. Josey had fallen asleep on the car ride, so I carried him in the house while Ryan carried in the bags. I put Josey in his pajamas while he was still asleep and put him to bed. I went to my bedroom and found Ryan sitting on the edge of the bed.