Speaking...barley

NAYA POV
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 4th

Sean and I haven't spoken much the past few days. We only talked about my flight back to Atlanta, his album release coming up soon, and the family. It sucks since we can't even see each other currently to talk it out since I'm back in Atlanta for the next five months. Eventually, one of us has to bring up the issue, but I don't want to push Sean to talk about it if he isn't ready. Honestly, when it comes to this issue, I truly don't know how to navigate it. I was on set at Step High Water, just staring at my phone, looking at a selfie of Sean and me, when I felt someone touch my shoulder.

 I was on set at Step High Water, just staring at my phone, looking at a selfie of Sean and me, when I felt someone touch my shoulder

"Hey, Naya." I looked up and saw NeYo standing in front of me.

"Hey, what's up?" I replied.

"Nothing much; I have an offer for you," NeYo said with a smirk.

"I need more details before agreeing to anything," I said with a nervous giggle.

"I know an artist called PinkSweats, and he'd like to feature on a song," NeYo replied.

"Umm, that's cool, but I don't know our management would have to talk about stuff, and I'd like to meet the guy too," I said, kind of shocked.

"Alright, can I give him your number?" Neyo asked.

"Yeah, sure," I repiled.

"May I ask as to why he'd like me specifically?" I asked.

"I guess he heard your feature on Big Sean's single," NeYo explained.

NeYo walked away, and I was amazed that just because of a little feature on Sean's song, people were considering me for their songs. I'm not going to lie; I kind of fell in love with the music industry, but not music. The industry seems to prioritize image and popularity over actual art and what makes an artist. I was nervous even doing a song with Sean, so I could only imagine being with a stranger. As you get older, things just become more scary. I didn't have a scene to shoot for another two hours, so I headed to my trailer, and despite everything, the only person I wanted to talk with was Sean. I decided to just cave in and pick up my phone to message Sean.

Naya: Hey, are you busy?

Sean: I have to go into a meeting with my label in twenty minutes, but what's up?

Naya: Oh, okay, we can talk later.

Sean: No, you have something to talk about, or you wouldn't have texted me.

As soon as I read the message, I got a FaceTime from Sean and picked it up.

"Talk to me," Sean said.

"NeYo told me he knows an artist named Pinksweats who wants to have me on a song. It's nothing official yet because I haven't even met the guy nor have management spoken, but I'm nervous. What if they realize that he chose wrongly?" I ranted to Sean quickly, considering this call was time-limited.