Thanksgiving

Naya Pov
I turned over on my side and slowly opened my eyes to see Sean still fast asleep. I slowly creeped out of the bedroom and made my way to the kitchen. I looked at my phone saying 8:15 am which explains why I'm up because Josey is normally up by now. I decided to pass the time by making breakfast. I made some waffles, sausage, and scrambled eggs to be split between Sean and me. I covered the food and went back upstairs to shower. I drying off when Sean opened the bathroom door.
"Morning, I just wanted to brush my teeth", Sean said while walking toward the sink.
"Morning, it's fine when you are done I made some breakfast for us", I said to him since it was not a big deal he walked in on me. Sean has seen my new naked body twice now. It's true what they say about being a mom changes your body and did take some adjusting but now I'm confident that what this new level of beauty to me. I went out to the bedroom to get dressed leaving Sean in the bathroom.

All I could think about was last night and how this might be the turning point in our relationship

"You ready to go eat?", I heard Sean walking out of the bathroom.
"Yeah, let's go", I said to him walking downstairs the stairs to the kitchen as he followed close behind.
"Damn, how early did you get up to make all of this?", Sean asked pulling out the barstool for me to sit and then sitting down on the open stool next to me.
"I can't help it right now I'd be on mommy time normally", I said to him taking a bite out of the eggs.
"Well I appreciate you are on mommy time because this tastes bomb", Sean said in between bites of the waffles. I laughed and thanked him for the compliment.
"How did you sleep last night", I asked him. Sean took a sip of his water and looked like he was thinking of the right thing to say.
"It was good", he responded and looked at me.
" Does that happen every night?", he followed up still not breaking eye contact.
" Not every night but more than I would like it to happen...I appreciate you comforting me till I fell back asleep", I said to him.
"I'm just glad you were able to fall back asleep", he said holding my man. We finished eating breakfast and I washed some dishes while Sean got ready to leave. It was Thanksgiving, so we both had to spend time with our families today. I heard a car pull up in the driveway and immediately knew who it was. I opened the front door and my beautiful six-foot-tall little sister was standing at the doorway. Nickayla was very spontaneous, so it didn't surprise me that she'd show up unannounced.
"Hey sis, I was thinking we could head over to m-", nickayla paused and I turned to see Sean coming down the stairs.
"Hey, Nickayla", he said with a small smile in her direction.
"Sean", she responded simply and moved past us to the kitchen. I turned to Sean and signaled with eyes for us to talk outside. I put on some slippers at my doorway and walked out with him following.
"Sorry, she doesn't know about our reconnecting", I said looking at him.
"It's fine, I wouldn't be my biggest fan if I were her...at the end, I treated you terribly", he said understandably. I pulled Sean into a hug and then placed a quick kiss on his lips.
"Bye, happy thanksgiving," we said to each other as went to his and drove off. I walked back inside to see Nickayla sitting on the couch with her arms crossed.
"How long you two been fucking again?", she asked rudely.
"We didn't fuck last night...he just slept over", I said walking into the kitchen knowing she'll follow.
"How long have you been seeing each other again?", she inquired more about the situation.
"Since early October and as of right now we are friends", I said to her.
"Oh we fuck our friends now...don't try and deny it I can tell ", she said bluntly.
"It's only been twice we fucked and I'm grown I don't have to do this with you", I informed her remembering I'm the older sister.
"I know...just be careful please and no I'm not going tell anyone", she reassured me.
I went upstairs to change and we headed to my mom's place in Nickayla's car.
Dinner wasn't very eventful but it was nice to see everyone again. I went up to my mom's guest room to call Ryan. The call was declined and that was annoying. Nickayla dropped me off and went home. I tried calling Ryan again once I settled into bed, but he still didn't pick me up. Why wasn't Ryan picking up the phone I wanted to speak to my baby. It was around 8 that I received a phone call back while watching the Real Housewives.
"Hi, Mommy", I heard on the other phone end.
"Hi, baby...what are you doing?", I asked relieved to hear his voice.
"We just got home from granny's and earlier went dirt biking", he told me excitedly.
"Oh... that's nice, baby", I said while Josey told me about all the details of dinner. I was thrilled to listen to his little rant, but I missed him so much. We spoke for an hour before Josey said he was tired and going to sleep. I told him goodnight and that I loved him. Being alone was fine, but things were better when Josey is around. I'd decided to get my mind off it and messaged Sean.
Naya: I'll do it...I'll record the vocals for your song.
Sean: Great...we can head to the studio tomorrow if you're not busy.
Naya: yeah I'll be down for it.
Sean: I'll pick you up at 12 pm tomorrow.