Revelation

SEAN POV

SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 28

I had just finished working out at the gym when I checked my phone to see a message from Cole.

J. Cole: Bro, I be forgetting your girl has some pipes on her.

Sean: What are you talking about?

J. Cole: Nigga, the new song she did with Pinksweats.

Sean: oh shit! Nay did tell me it was being released. I forgot.

J. Cole: Sean, don't ruin this relationship again.

I tried FaceTiming Naya, but Ryan picked up the phone.

"What do you need?" Ryan asked while I was in shock, considering this was our first interaction with seeing each other, even if it is over the phone.

"Where's Naya?" I asked, ignoring the dipshit comment.

"Naya's busy," Ryan responded.

"Tell her to call me when she's not busy," I said, annoyed at Ryan's dumbass smirk.

Why must that man be around my woman 24/7? How could I have forgotten that today was the release date for her collaboration with Pinksweats?

I hope Naya isn't pissed, which is why Ryan picked up the phone. I'm such a fucking idiot!!!

NAYA POV

Eighteen, nineteen, and twenty I counted in my head as I was in the apartment complex's gym doing side crunches. I got up earlier today to get a workout in because I haven't done it in a few weeks. Josey and Ryan should be waking soon, but I feel exhausted. The night terrors only let me sleep for like four hours last night, and when I was up, all I thought of was Josey's therapy sessions and Sean's inattentive behavior yesterday. Don't get me wrong, I'm aware Sean's busy, but so am I, and I'm still attentive. Sure, we don't speak every day, but we text, and there was no communication at all. I'm incredibly aggravated.
*buzz buzz*
I stopped working out and saw a message from Ryan.
Ryan: Naya, where the fuck are you? Josey is crying and asking for you.
Naya: I'm downstairs at the gym. I'm coming, rn.

I picked up my stuff and ran out of the gym. What could have happened that's Josey's in such a panic?
I barged through the front door to see Ryan holding a crying Josey in his arms, trying to console him.
"Baby, hey, I'm here," I said, taking Josey from Ryan. Josey sobbed into my shoulder and cried as I rubbed his back.

"It's okay, JoJo. I'm right here," I whispered in Josey's ear. Josey eventually cried himself to sleep in my arms. We put Josey to sleep in my bed, and I was planning on staying by Josey's side until Ryan signaled me to my bathroom.

"Naya, I didn't want to tell you this, but Josey's therapist thinks he has PTSD from the lake incident," Ryan said with worry in his eyes.

"What?" I said, which was all I could say. Ryan repeated himself, and my chest began to pound with anxiousness. I try my best to push that week of my life out of my head... the memories are just too much.

"Naya, you're shaking," Ryan said, breaking my thoughts.
"I'm sorry; I didn't mean to ruin him. I tried my best to get him back on the boat and to pull myself up. The current was too strong; if I didn't find a log piece floating by, I wouldn't, I wouldn't," I shakingly said as tears streamed down my face.

"Meep, it is not your fault. I know you tried your best. I know. You are a great mom. You did your best," Ryan said, pulling me into his arms as I began to cry into his chest.

"We'll talk more about it with the therapist," Ryan said as I pulled away from him.

"Ugh, what did I do?" I whispered, wiping my tears and looking at my flushed face in the mirror.

"Go shower and lay down. I'll take care of dinner," Ryan said, rubbing my shoulders. While I showered, Ryan stayed in the bedroom with Josey to ensure he was still sleeping. Why couldn't I get back on that stupid boat? I just wish things could go back to normal. I put on some pajamas and walked out to see Ryan sitting on the edge of the bed.

"I can't believe I caused all of this. Josey's so young; he shouldn't have to endure this," I whispered to Ryan, avoiding eye contact.

"He's lucky to have you as his mom. We are going to get help for Josey," Ryan replied, holding my hand. I got into bed next to Josey and soon fell asleep.

I woke up at 2:17 p.m. and checked my phone to see a message from Sean.
Sean: Hey, baby, call when you get a chance.
There is so much happening concerning Josey that the thought of speaking with Sean brings back tears to my eyes, but Sean is one of the few people I talk to who can always make me smile. I'll just call Sean later tonight...