Sleepover

Naya Pov

For the rest of the month, I kept thinking about Sean's offer to be the vocalist on the song. I have been taking vocal coaching and more lessons just to make sure I keep perfecting my abilities, but to record a song that's for someone else is nerve-wracking. Sean has mentioned it twice when we went to lunch the following week. I told Sean to give me until the week after Thanksgiving considering it was only three weeks away. Sean is supportive of whatever decision I make. I have been happy with the progress that Sean and I "talking stage" have made. Sean has been attentive, patient, and caring which I appreciated. I was walking out of the grocery store with a message from Ryan.

Ryan: What are we going to do with Josey for Thanksgiving?

Naya: I'm not sure I'd like to have Joesy here, but I assume you want to take him to Virginia to see your family.

Ryan: It's what I would prefer...he gets to see your family more often

Naya: okay, Joesy can go to. Virginia for one week with you
Ryan: Thanks...I appreciate it...I'll book the flight and send you the information.

I guess I'll be heading to my mom's house for Thanksgiving by myself. My siblings and their family will be there, but it won't be the same for the rest of the week. I put in the groceries and decided to head home.

THE DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING
*ding dong*
I headed to the front door for Ryan. Ryan walked into the doorway and Josey jumped off the couch to hug him.
I walked to the hallway closer and wheeled Josey's luggage to Ryan.
Josey turned to give me a hug and kiss.
"I love you Mommy I will call you every day when I'm away", Joesy promised me.
"I love you too and I will pick up every day", I promised back to Josey watching him walk to the car with Ryan. As soon as I shut the front door I began to bawl my eyes out. I went to my bedroom and just looked at pictures of how precious Josey is. I must have fallen asleep cuz I was awakened by the doorbell. I checked the time on my phone and it was 10:22 pm. I decided to check my cameras knowing that is the safest thing to do. On the camera, it appeared to be Sean at the front door. I walked downstairs to open the door and there Sean stood with flowers and a little gift basket. Sean walked to the kitchen and everything down on the countertop.
"Have you been crying?", Sean asked finally being at to see me without all the stuff he carried in the way.
"No...okay fine I have...I miss Josey", I confessed trying my best not to start crying. Sean walked over to me and hugged me.
"What are you doing here?", I asked while pulling away from the hug.
"I know Josey was leaving today with his dad...so I figured I could surprise you and hang out", Sean rambled on about his plan.
"That was sweet of you", I said to him. I looked over at the flowers resting on the countertop and pointed to them.
"Are those for me?", I asked knowing that if they weren't it would have been a cruel joke.
"No, there actually for actually for this stunning super generous, and talented woman I like", Sean said being a smart ass. Well, two can play that game.
"Damn, what a lucky girl...those tulips are my favorite flowers...what a coincidence", I said pretending to be disappointed. Sean and I both locked eye contact and started bursting out with laughter. Sean picked up the flowers and placed them in my hands.
"Thank you, Sean", I said to him and admired the tulips.

"There something else", Sean said bringing the gift box to me, so I placed the flowers into a vase quickly

"There something else", Sean said bringing the gift box to me, so I placed the flowers into a vase quickly. I opened up the box and it was filled with a bunch of goodies.

I turned to Sean and gave him two quick kisses because this was so thoughtful of him

"You look beautiful by the way", said Sean, and then it hit me I'm in my home pjs.

"Oh I'm a go change", I said about to walk out of the room but he pulled me back

"I like seeing you in your natural state", Sean said holding my hand and I rolled my eyes. I reluctantly agreed to stay in my "natural state". We headed to the living room to watch a movie together. Sean looked like he was falling asleep after the second movie was over.
"You want to sleep?", I looked and asked him.
"It's okay, I can make it home," Sean said while sitting up.
"No, you can stay...I want you to stay", I said to him. Sean agreed and we walked up the stairs together to my bedroom. I gave Sean one of my oversized jersey's to sleep in and he kept on his boxers. I know this was risky considering my sleep issue but Sean and I were getting closer again so I had to test the waters.

Sean fell asleep pretty quickly and I was glad I didn't let him drive home after seeing that. I am not sure when I fell asleep, but all I knew was that I was back in that. I was there drifting off for days when I suddenly saw this blurry figure coming towards me. I began to kick to get away from it when I opened my eyes Sean stood over me. I was dreaming about that lake and what could happened. I was breathing heavily while Sean wrapped his arms around me. I was able to calm down after some time passed, but Sean kept his arms around me. Laying in Sean's arms felt so safe and comforting that we both drifted off to sleep in no time.