Exes & Ohs

SEAN POV
SATURDAY, JANUARY 21st

I wasn't going to mess around anymore; I knew that I needed to handle the Jhene situation even before seeing Naya again, but she told me that Jhene's interference was making her more hesitant to fully proceed in the relationship. Since I would gladly have Naya in any form rather than none at all, the fact that we are back in contact is all that matters to me. Naya seems to be open to the idea of meeting Josey now, so I think that it is just tying up my loose ends with Jhene. I heard from J. Cole that Jhene should be at the studio today recording, so that is where I'm on my way currently. I arrived at the studio and knocked on the door that Jhene normally records at.

"Come," I heard the producer say from the other side of the door. I walked in and saw Jhene coming out of the recording booth.

"I'll give you two some privacy," the producer said, leaving us alone.

"What are you doing here? Did you finally lose interest in your diamond of the season?" Jhene asked, crossing her arms as I took a seat.

"Chill out, Jhene. You are already causing issues with Naya and me," I replied to the petty comment.

"I'm sorry, why should I care?" asked Jhene.

"Jhene, I don't understand you. Everything was good between us until you heard that I was pursuing Naya again. What happened?" I asked, trying to figure out where it all came from.

"When we broke up, you told me that you didn't see a future and that you weren't in love with me anymore. Then you go and get with your ex-fiance, who I haven't heard a thing about," Jhene yelled.

"I can't help my feelings, Jhene. I'm sorry for her accident; I couldn't stop thinking about it, and nobody has measured up to her. I'm sorry!" I yelled.

"Is that why we fucked a month before you started to speak to her again?" Jhene yelled back, tears streaming down her face.

"Jhene, you're right. I didn't realize how us sleeping together could have given you the wrong impression. You came to pick up some stuff, and I was sad. You were there. I'm sorry," I said, looking into her tearful eyes and realizing how I fucked up. There were a lot of ups and downs during our relationship. I was far from perfect, and I made a lot of mistakes. I had love for Jhene, but I don't think I was in love with her the way she was with me.

"That's not the only reason I have been acting like this. I mean, yeah, you hurt me, and I feel blindsided. You put me through so much just for me to not even be the woman you want to spend the rest of your life with....how quickly do you expect me to move on?" Jhene asked, shaking her head at me.

"I know we were together for a few years, and I don't expect you to move on quickly, but I expect some respect for me and my relationship," I explained to Jhene.

"Okay. Sure." Jhene replied.

"I am truly sorry, and I did love you," I said before walking out the door of the studio.

Hopefully, this will be the last interference from Jhene....

Naya POV

I had to leave today, but I invited Ryan to come over so I could talk to Sean. To say I was nervous would be a fucking understatement. Ryan's and Sean's aren't exactly each other's biggest fans. I'm just praying that Ryan will be as receptive as a man can be in these situations. I texted last night, and he agreed to come over to talk before I leave. I began to repack the little duffel bag I carried with me until I heard the doorbell ring. I opened the door, and Ryan came into the house.
"What's going on, Nay?" Ryan asked, sitting down on the couch.

"I just wanted to talk to you," I said, moving to the couch.

"Shit. What's wrong?" Ryan asked, looking worried.

"Don't worry, everything is okay. It's just something that we need to discuss," I replied.

"Talk to me," Ryan said.

"I know that you just got adjusted to the news that Sean and I are dating, but I would like to introduce Josey to him," I said with my voice, slightly shaking due to the nerves.

"You are fucking joking, right?" Ryan asked, shaking his head.

"Ryan, please," I said, putting my face in the palm of my hands.

"No fucking way, Naya." You just started dating this guy the other day, and now you want to introduce him to our child. Also, the motherfucker is an embarrassment since his ex continues to talk about him and you on social media. Like, are you blind?" Ryan yelled, making me flinch.

"That's not true. Josey should be able to meet the man I'm dating, and you have never had such an issue before," I yelled back.

"Because those men weren't assholes and had families as well," Ryan said, his visibly irritated voice making his veins pop out of his neck.

"Oh, that's such bullshit, and you know it. You judge Sean when you have never met him," I said, baffled at Ryan's reasoning.

"Naya, it's a no; my son is not meeting him," Ryan responded.

"You know what, Ryan? It's fine to be an asshole. All you ever do is push people away and not talk about your feelings. I know you're not being honest with me about the real reason you don't want Josey to meet Sean. Maybe if we did, we could actually communicate like adults", I ranted before heading upstairs to my bedroom while I heard the front door all shut. Why does everything have to be an argument with Ryan? Ryan wasn't like this when we dated when we were younger, but so much has changed.
I had to reach the airport in an hour, so I called an Uber to take me there. I messaged Sean that I was heading back to Atlanta, and I'll talk to him later this week. I'm going to figure out this Ryan situation because I know there's more he's not telling me.