Time Of Neglection

SEAN POV
SUNDAY, JANUARY 29th

I hadn't heard from Naya in four days, and it was already midway through the day. I know we are back in semi-contact. Naya does see the potential of us working long-term. I wanted to inform Naya of my discussion with Jhene and that things seemed to be handled. Also, I was curious if Naya had spoken to Ryan or Josey about me yet. I wasn't trying to rush anything, but I just want to know that nothing has changed for us. I don't want to lose Naya again; those two weeks we were in no contact sucked. I'd literally just sit and wait to see if there would be any new Instagram posts from her, but she wasn't too big on social media. It was odd since Naya seemed to be enjoying our time together when she was here the other day. Communication is a two-way street, and I guess I have gotten caught up in doing press and meetings with my record label. The label discussed that the album was doing well enough that I could go on tour in April. I was kind of stocked about it, honestly, because I haven't been on tour since pre-pandemic.
I decided to message Naya to at least check on her.

Sean: Hey, good-looking. How've you been?
Naya didn't respond until almost an hour later.
Naya: hey. I've been alright. Sorry, there's a situation going on with Josey; otherwise, I would have reached out sooner. :(
Sean: damn. Is everything alright? Do you need anything?
Naya: No, it's fine. Ryan and I are going to deal with it.
Sean: Oh, okay... I'm here if you need me.
Naya: thanks. How are you doing? What have you been up to?
Sean: Just meetings and press for the album. We got approved to start the tour in April.
Naya: Omg!! That's amazing, Sean. Congrats...
Sean: Thanks, baby.
Naya: I'll talk to you soon. I have to get to bed... an early call time on set.
Sean: Alright. Night.
Naya: Night.

NAYA POV
MONDAY, JANUARY 30th

I have been doing my best to spend time with Josey, and it seems like nothing has changed. When I asked Stephanie to talk to Josey more about how he felt, Stephanie said that he doesn't open up much. Ryan is supposed to arrive this Thursday, and he'll be staying with us so we can solve this issue with Josey. I haven't told Josey yet, only that I have a surprise for him. Ryan and I have discussed that he will stay with us for a month and then determine whether it helps. I can't be around all the time, so if I'm not, at least Ryan will be here. I have been so overwhelmed the past few days that I hadn't remembered to reach out to Sean until he messaged me yesterday. I knew Sean was concerned when we spoke, still unaware of the full details with Josey, and that just made me admire him more.

"Naya," said Terrance, walking inside my trailer.

"Huh, why didn't you knock?" I asked as Terrence sat down next to me on the couch.

"I did, and I was calling your name and knocking. I got worried because everyone said you were in your trailer," Terrence informed, looking highly concerned.

"Oh sorry. I was distracted," I apologized, embarrassed at how deep in thought I was.

"What is on your mind?" Terrance asked.'

"Too much," I snickered, shaking my head.

"How bad could it possibly be?" Terrance inquired.

"Steph, my nanny, told me that Josey's been feeling neglected, and it's like I've been so caught up in work and other stuff that I didn't realize it—like how bad of a mom I am to not realize...", I said, reflecting on the past few days.

"Naya, I see how you are about Josey; if you are a bad mom, then I'm a white man." Terrence tried reassuring me, but it caused me to laugh.

"Terrence, I'm serious, though. Josey deserves the best, and I'm doing the best I can with working again right now. Maybe I should just put a pause on all the extracurricular activities, like the music offers that I've got lately? If I only focus on the main job I have and Josey, everything should go back to normal, right?" I ranted, plotting how I could make the situation better for Josey.

"Things will work out, and I don't think just immediately dismissing other opportunities is smart either," Terrence advised.

"Maybe you're right, but Josey is my world, and I will find a way to fix this," I replied, and Terrence leaned over to hug me.

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 2nd

Ryan should be arriving soon, and I was grateful because things were at a standstill with Josey. My manager, Sabrina, is truly a miracle worker because she was able to negotiate with studio runners and writers that I only had to be on set for half of today in exchange for staying back a little late a day next week to film. Josey was singing along to Toy Story when I heard a knock on the door.

"Josey, get ready for your surprise!" I yelled as I opened the door, and Ryan walked in.

"Hi, Daddy," Josey said, getting up to hug him and going back to watching Toy Story. Ryan and I looked at each other, knowing that Josey was normally more excited to see Ryan.

Fuck, this was bad...