2.) To Blame

Christopher Maurice Brown

I felt the feel of a small hand on my shoulder. Number 1 Rule in the household of any black family is to never wake a real nigga up from they sleep. In this case, I'm the only one here, the king of the place, so therefore a massive "no, no" would be to wake me up.

A shake was made from the hand causing my whole upper body to move slightly, but not enough to make me want to hurry and get up.

I continued to catch up on my 'z's and sleep until I felt a sting upon my cheek.

I felt a sting a second time, but this time it made a bigger impact.

The third time I quickly reached my hand up grabbing a hold of the hand that has been slapping and shaking me for who knows how long.

Forcefully I had to open my eyes which caused me to squint from the sunlight shinning through my bedroom blinds.

Finally being able to handle the brightness I looked up to the face of the person who falsely assumed that it would be a good idea to wake me out of my sleep.

Of course the one to make the mistake was Sarai.

"Fuck you want?" I sat up rubbing both eyes with balled up fists.

"What do I want?" She frowned at me. "I wanna know who the fuck is this texting your phone!"

"What are you talking about? What now Sarai?"

She threw my phone towards me and I picked it up seeing a few messages from an unknown number.

Chris. Guess who? -Unknown Number, 3:52AM

Eh, ion feel like waiting for you to guess.. It's Crystal. -Unknown Number, 3:54AM

If you were too drunk to remember we shared a moment I guess. Lol. We were both staring and.. yeah. I took it upon myself to get your number. I hope that's okay -Unknown Number, 3:59AM

"Ty," I rolled my eyes sighing at the same time.

"Ty what? That bitch's name isn't Ty. It says Crystal.. Who the fuck is Crystal?" She continued to try interrogating me.

"Sarai it's not as serious as you think. I just met her last night and we barely talked. It was nothing," I tried to explain.

"Bullshit! How'd she get your number?"

"Who knows!? Maybe from Ty but I know I didn't give it to her so stop coming at me all reckless like I did something wrong when I didn't."

She looked at me with a harsh, unconvinced look in her eyes. "Lie again." She huffs shaking her head at me, nostrils flared, allat.

"Ba-," I stopped my self since she hates that. "Sarai. I didn't do anything, you gotta believe me. What you want me to call her?"

She nodded her head insisting that I call her.

I pressed the icon on my phone to call her and put the phone to my ear listening to it ring.

"Nuh uh. Put that shit on speaker."

I chuckled since at this point I couldn't help, but laugh at her.

"Hello?" I heard from the other end of the phone.

"Yo. This Crystal?"

"Yes, is this Chris?"

"Yeah.. Uh, can you explain to me how you got my number?"

She got to explaining her story of how after we stared at each other and spoke briefly at the bar, she got my cell phone number from Tyga. When I left Tyga called himself asking for her number for me initially, but Crystal just asked for my number directly instead of having to wait for me to text her.