11.) Quit It

Christopher Maurice Brown

The last two weeks have been.. eh. I went out with the guys like usual on both Saturdays and Ty wasn't as bad as he was previously. Did he drink more than necessary? Yeah without a doubt and as his friend I tried to help him, but at some point you can't help people who don't want to be helped. He'll have to go through the downsides to his problem by himself cause I'm not going to get myself involved again.

During this time I also haven't physically seen Crystal. We still text everyday though and we FaceTimed three times. She's coming to my shop today since it most likely won't be too busy and she said she wants for me to be the one to give her her first tattoo. She said it's nice and simple, but we'll see.

"Chris," I heard her voice call from the front of the shop.

I hurriedly sit down the can of Sprite that I was drinking from to go to the front of the store.

"Wassup," I smile at her once I get her attention.

She smiled back and gives me a hug until we both pull away and she follows me to the back of the shop. I didn't need to stay in the front since I had a camera in the corner so that I could watch who entered, exited, and who was waiting while I was in the back.

"So you gon finally tell me what you tryna get today?" I ask her.

With a chuckle she replies, "I'm still undecided honestly."

I give her a straight face and say, "Really? You made it seem like it was so exciting and such a secret when in reality your ass ain't come up with nothing?"

"I was still thinking about it at the time! But I still don't know what I want."

I sigh and throw some ideas her way. "Get some wings across your chest. We'll be twinning."

She looks at me like I'm crazy and reminds me that she has boobs. "I would never ever get a tat across my girls," she grips them. "They're too cute for that."

I laugh at her response and think to myself I'll be the judge of that.

"But uh... Do you have a photo album or something with some other things you've done?"

"Yeah for sure," I reach over her to get it and when I do I hand it to her. She takes it, but doesn't immediately take it from me. Instead she's staring at me.

"What?" I ask her while running my hands down my face.

She blinks then shakes her head. "Nothing."

I watch her sit in my chair as she opens the album beginning to look through it. I decide to spark up a conversation so that we're not sitting in silence.

"Do you at least know where you want it to be?"

"Nope. I just know I want one and that I want you to be the one to give it to me."

"Well isn't this a privilege?" I joke.  

"Yeah consider yourself lucky."

"I will now hurry up and find something. I may close earlier since everything's moving slow," I tell her.

"Fine. Uh..." I seems to be thinking still while staring at one picture. "These stars right here. You did it right?"