22.) First Encounter

Christopher Maurice Brown

"Just talk to her aight?" I practically beg. "For me."

"Chris listen to yourself. You really want me, your girlfriend, to speak with your ex? Voluntarily? That has bad idea written all over it," Crystal argues.

"You may be right, but how we gon know how it's gon turn out if you don't try? I'm asking you to do this for me and it's a yes or no question. You gonna meet up with her or not?"

I can tell that she's unsure about this and I can respect that. I get it, what I'm asking her to do may be a little crazy, but I feel that it's necessary. I want for Crystal and Sarai to just have a conversation especially since I just got arrested for something that I did for Sarai. Sarai knows that I fought Ty, but she doesn't know that I got arrested for it. Now, I could just call her and let her know, but I think it'd be better for her and Crystal to speak with each other since Crystal already sort of feels some type of way that I'm in here for fighting for another girl. She'll deal with it though, I know she will.

She sighs before finally agreeing to meet up and speak with Sarai.

"Alright, thank you baby. Imma tell you her number now aight? 97-" I start to say before she cuts me off.

"Give it to me in a second alright? Right now I just really need to hear why you're still fighting for her. I know you already said it's gonna be hard to move on, but look around. You're in jail right now for this girl when she was hurting you for how long? Think about what you're doing Christopher."

I clench my jaw as if she can see me then say, "Listen, I wear my heart on my sleeve and I know I love that girl. I know eventually it won't be as much as I do now, but I do love her and to a certain extent I know that I might always have a soft spot for her."

Sarai Nivea Taylor

I don't know what Chris is thinking, but apparently he wants for me and his lil girlfriend to quote on quote "talk." Why the hell would I wanna talk to her? He knows how I feel. He knows that I want him, but yet he not only let me know that he has someone new in his life. He wants for me to talk to her, too. I already don't think this is going to turn out well, but anything for Chris right?

****

I sat outside of an ice cream parlor waiting for her to get here. It's been really nice weather and plus if I wanted to back out and just go home I could just get out and go to my car.

I look around growing impatient and staring at every girl that walked past hoping that she was 'Crystal' and that she could hurry and tell me whatever Chris needs for me to know and then I could go home. Actually, I don't even know why Chris can't just come and tell me on his own.

Before my mind could drift to other thoughts this girl stood on the opposite side of the table just looking at me for a second before saying, "Sarai?"

I blink a few times and nod my head which leads to her sitting down across from me.

"So uh... What is this about?" I ask after a moment of silence.

Crystal Olivia Sutton

I can't believe I'm about to do this. How do you think it feels to hear my boyfriend say that he think he'll always love his ex? This is so hard for me, but what could I do about it? This is what Chris wanted.

"So uh... What is this about?" She asks after an awkward silence.

I gulp then just say it. "It's about Chris. He uh- got arrested the other day."

Her eyes go wide and she demanded to know how and why.

I scratched the back of my neck growing uncomfortable telling this girl who I don't even know about my nigga. This just so... goofy.

"He got arrested for fighting and hurting his friend Tyga. You know the one that's always drunk?" I tell her.

Sarai frowns and shakes her head. Her eyes drift away from me and she whispers, "No way."

"Way," I say then roll my eyes. "Apparently Chris was protecting you. Is that true?"

"Are you serious!? Ty is a fucking bitch for this!" She practically shouts.

I don't say anything as she seems to be taking all of this in, but does she not realize that if she wasn't being reckless Chris wouldn't have had to fight for her. Chris wouldn't be where he is right now.

"You're right about that, but don't you think you sort of play a part in this happening?" I ask.

She looks at me with squinted eyes and says, "Listen you don't know shit about me, so, please." She pauses and chuckles. "Stay in your lane. Mind your business."

"Just me being here is me being involved. Chris is involved so therefore it is my business," I bark back.

Sarai laughs lightly. "You and Chris probably just started dating. Don't think you're too important. You just got into the picture."

"And you just got knocked out the picture. What do you mean?"

"I'm obviously not completed knocked out if Chris is still fighting for me! He obviously still loves me so what does that mean for you?" She grumbles.

I pause before I respond. She was really having me questioning where Chris and I stand. I don't really know what to think anymore.

"It means that I have a guy who has some heart," I finally say. "Even though you hurt him for so long he still makes sure you're good and protects you, but I doubt he'd get with you and I think that just because you're so undecided with what you want it seems like. Like why do you care now? You should've been like this months ago, but now that Chris is with someone you wanna make him fall for you again? I don't think so."

"You don't know shi-" she starts.

"I know enough," I respond before she can even finish what she's saying. "I especially know that Chris will never love you like he once did. I won't let it happen."

"You can't tell someone how to feel," she argues.

"And I thought you couldn't play with people's heart for over a year, but we're wrong sometimes am I right?"

Sarai blinks at me and it looks like she shuffles uncomfortably.

"Imma go now. Chris asked me to let you know what was going on.. That's done so I'm gone," I murmur and then leave.

My job is done. It didn't go as bad as I thought it would, but it didn't go good either. I don't know, but I did what Chris asked so that's all that matters.

I think I may still be a little insecure about Chris still sort of loving his ex, but when I remind myself of how long he was waiting for that girl, I understand.

Hopefully these worries go away soon and so does the problems. I don't want Chris and I to end anytime soon, so, I won't let this ex of his ruin us.

This is a short chapter, but I had to get something out there. Sorry for the wait. School started last week and I need to get accustomed to the amount of homework and all that, but I know I'll have the hang of everything soon.

Anyways, Crystal's first point of view! How'd you like it?

Do you think Chris' idea for the two women in his life to speak was a bad idea?

How do you think everything turned out?

thanks for reading! -lani