14.) Long Overdue

Christopher Maurice Brown

A month later I had no problems and no Sarai. Was it a relief? Hell yeah. Was I still in desperate need for answers to all of my questions? Again, hell yeah. Sarai never came around to telling me anything that she sort of promised to share with me.

All I want is answers to why she wasted my time and made me feel like I had hope knowing damn well I really didn't since she "wasn't ready" supposedly.

I have no idea when she finally will be ready, but just know I'm patiently waiting for the day and hopefully it comes real soon.

Sarai Nivea Taylor

A month later. Here I am. I will finally be talking all of my problems out with my parents and I can say that I'm prepared for it since this discussion is long overdue.

We'll be meeting up at my grandmother's house which I believe is a good idea since things may or may not get loud and rowdy.

Years of keeping things bottled up can do that to a girl.

"Sarai, honey. I want for you remain calm at all times for me okay? I know you have a lot to let out today, but don't let whatever is said or done cause you to explode," my sweet, sweet grandmother says to me. She's always trying to keep the peace and I respect that, but today I'm not sure if that will be possible.

Just to keep her happy and not have her worrying I nod my head and promise not to get to upset or start to yell knowing that that is a promise that I just cannot keep. I know I'm gonna reach that point today and I'm sure she knows that, too.

I head back into the living room that originally was empty when I entered the house, but now it has two people who I haven't seen in a really long time sitting casually on the couches like it's just a normal day. Oblivious to how important this day is for me.

When I step foot into the living room both of their eyes look over to me immediately.

"Look at my babygirl," I hear Evan, the guy who helped make me, say.

"So beautiful," the lady beside him whispers.

I mentally roll my eyes. These are just the people who made me. Other than that who are they honestly? They never played the roll of my parents so what did they do for me? Nothing really.

"Uh, hi," I say aloud.

"Hey sweetie," Lynn comes up to me.

I wave not knowing what to say.

They cannot be serious. They are talking like we've known each other since forever and just haven't spoken in a while when I don't actually know these people. All I know is that this woman is the lady who gave birth to me and the guy is who impregnated her.

I sit down onto the loveseat in the living room and they sit on separate sides of the couch to look at me. I guess they don't wanna speak at all or even be near each other either so I don't expect for them to exchange words today really.

After a while I get annoyed with just having the two of them stare at me so I fold my hands and get right to it.

"So uh.. I had my grandma get the three of us together so that we can talk."