27.) Celebration

Christopher Maurice Brown

"So rather you wanna go out tonight or not..." Sean began. "Nigga you coming."

I laughed at him tryna tell me what to do. If I ain't wanna go it was simple, I was gonna keep my yellow ass home, but luckily I was in the mood for going out.

"Lemme get ready, y'all niggas wait here."

I get up from my couch and head into my room to freshen up and change my clothes.

This has been a pretty good week for me since everything went extremely smooth. The case was closed on Monday and it's now Saturday.

Saturdays used to be the nights where I partied until early hours in the morning doing whatever I wanted really as long as I didn't do anything that would make Sarai upset, and now that I think about it- I was whipped as shit.

But now, Sarai is the least of my worries. Crystal, on the other hand, is all that matters now. At least I think so..

****

"I see your girl post her bm," the words blasted through the speakers. "So I hit her in her dm. All eyes yeah I see em. Yeah, this your man I hate to be him..."

Everyone begins saying the words and I say them right along with the crowd, "It goes down in the Dm (it go down) it go down in the dm (it go down, it go... down).
It goes down in the dm (it go down) it go down in the dm (it go down, it go... down)."

Right afterwards, my favorite part comes and everyone yells that line too, "I tell her, snapchat me that pussy or facetime me that pussy if it's cool... Boy my dm poppin!"

As the song goes on I nod my head to the beat and say the words along to the parts that I knew.

Once that song died down, Look At My Dab came on and as the beat played before the lines began I hyped myself up before dabbing effortlessly when the line came.

Once the chorus ended I observed everyone else doing the dance and BOY. Some of these people gotta chill. I thought the dab was one of the easiest dances around, but people fuck up every dance obviously.

As I looked over the crowd, I noticed a familiar small, petite body that from squinting for a second I recognized to be Sarai.

The hell is she doing here?

She don't even like going out, but who knows. Things could have changed.

August came over to beside me and slapped a hand onto my shoulder before pointing a finger down to her. "Aye, ain't that Sarai?"

"Where?" I asked acting confused like I didn't know what he was talking about or where he was motioning even though right when he came over towards me I was looking directly at her.

"Right there," he pointed again. "You told her we was gon be here? Ion see her here often."

"Nah, nah," I deny quickly while still looking at her. "Must've been a coincidence," I suggest then finally look at him.

He shrugs his shoulder and mumbles, "Maybe."

****

All night, I danced casually- it definitely was not like I normally would since I couldn't help but eye Sarai all night.

It wasn't necessarily intentional though. It sort of just happened. I'd be looking at the crowd and then my eyes would eventually narrow down to her.

Some time throughout the night, some ugly nigga walked up on her tryna get her number I guess, but she didn't look like she wanted to be bothered.

As he continued to be all up in her face smiling and licking his ashy ass lips, she looked towards her friend Mya for help, but she wasn't helpful- like at all, so, I thought- why not?

I contemplated with myself on why I should help her and I thought about how she helped me get out of legal troubles, but she made me get into them too... I continued to have a mental battle with myself until I just shrugged my shoulder and headed down without another thought. I do still got some love for this girl, so...

I make it towards her and once she sees me I can see some kind of sparkle in her eye if that makes sense. It just looked like she was happy to see me, and lowkey, I thought that it was nice to see her, too.

"Wassup?" I say as I get closer to them.

"Who the hell are you?" The guy asks with a frown as he looks me up and down.

"Don't worry bout it bruh," I shrug him off. "Y'all good?" I ask Sarai and Mya.

"Not really..." Mya trails off and side eyes the guy as Sarai just continues to stare at me with a certain look that I couldn't exactly pin-point in her eyes.

"Well why don't y'all come chill with me?" I suggest attempting to get them away from the nigga who can't seem to get the hint that they're not interested.

"Great idea!" Mya exclaims and grabs Sarai's wrist while quickly following me back up to where me and the guys were. Once we make it there, Mya drifts off and starts socializing with August, Sean, and Kid while Sarai and I stand together awkwardly.

"So-" I begin but I get cut off with Sarai trying to speak at the same time, but I motion for her to go ahead.

"Thanks for that," she says not exactly giving me eye contact.

"It's nothing," I shrug my shoulder nonchalantly and sneak a glance at her just as she tries sneaking one at me, but we both look away just as quickly as we look at each other.

I don't know why I feel so weird around her right now, but it's so uncomfortable.

Sarai Nivea Taylor

I'm not sure why I feel so weird around him right now, but it's so uncomfortable.

A little while after we stand awkwardly next to each other we both start to individually dance a little bit until I randomly get some heart and ask, "You, uh, wanna dance?"

I watch as Chris opens his mouth to reply but stops himself before answering. "Y-yeah, sure."

Hmm... what do y'all think about this chapter?