Chapter Five - Olivia's POV

The bell for the end of lunch rings and I head back to my locker. People are scurrying everywhere like mice trying to get to classes. I walk swiftly down the hallway in my black converse, floral scoop neck top, light blue shorts and knitted cardigan. Many people stop to look at me. Girls and guys are walking into other girls and guys in front of them. I just look a head proud knowing I have power over these people. Under my locker is a girl getting her stuff out but as soon as she sees me she gets up, "Sorry Liv," and moves out the way. I open up my locker door and the smell of strawberry floats out. I take in a deep breath of the refreshing smell and continue to get out my stuff. In my arms I hold a folder, exercise book, school diary, pencil case and laptop. "Hey Liv," I shut my locker door and reveal Ellie and Alex standing there ready to go to English. "Let's go," I lead the way through the crowds of people. In the distance I spot Cara turning up. "Hey Cara, bludging school I see, were you hanging out with your misfit friends again?" She shows no sign of fear what so ever. Her amazing eyebrows give her face a stern look that would scare off most people, but not me. "Nah, you were at school still, remember?" she says and in my mind rage builds up but I let it go because we need to get to English, "You know I'm surprised they still let people like you in this school, but I guess it's kind of sweet,"

We make it too the classroom and there is a few other people already there. Just how I like it. It makes me not look to eager to be here at school learning. Jack, Micky, and Kyle are sitting in the middle row of the tables. I start heading over to their row and sit down with Ellie and Alex on either side. Apart from a few other people spread around the class, I notice Aria sitting at the back by her. No Surprise. Nobody ever wants to sit by someone like her, and even when they do she usually just pushes them away. "Liv, I'm having a total life crisis here," Ellie holds up her hands and shows one of her nails broken. "You're going to have to get a new one put on or just file them all down,"

"I just got them done, such a waste of money!"

Cara walks through the door in a surprisingly happy mood. She walks along the tables, turns down the back row and sits next to Aria who just ignores her. For the time I've actually seen her at school today, she seems to be pretty clingy to Aria and that is probably really pissing her off. "Hey look, it's weirdo and the freak," I say to Alex. She looks back at them and Aria is ignoring Cara still. "Weirdo rejects freak," says Alex. "Major rejection!" chimes in Ellie. Ms Laven walks through the door and the class practically falls silent. "Morning class," she says and everyone chants the usual good morning. Her fashion sense never seems to change and that is a shame because those ugly black sneakers of hers would be much appreciated at the next 'private school girl movie'. She reminds me of a witch, just stick on a hat and the outfit is complete. People get out their copies of 'the great gatsby'. "Open your books to page 137,"

Basically it's silent in the classroom except for a few sniggers hovering around and the loud ticking of the clock. It's not long before the silence is broken. "Mrs Laven. I have something to tell the class." Everyone turns around to realise it's Cara speaking.Mrs Laven looks up."What?" She frowns. "What is so important that you had to interrupt the story of Gatsby?"

"Firstly, Gatsby isn't that important and my friend Aria," she turns to Aria. "It's Aria, isn't it?" She looks back up. "Agrees with me and secondly, I have something to share with the class about last night." I interrupt her, "About you being arrested," Cara responds with confidence and no hesitation,"No, but almost," She smirks. "See, Aria was actually..."
Aria grabs her mouth and glares at her, which is strange, it's about the most human contact I think she has ever shown at school. Something's going on with them because until today they have never talked."She has nothing to share!" Aria shouts."No need to yell," Mrs Laven tells her."I will talk about this later with Cara," Aria says so Cara gets a proud look on her face and sits."Well then," Mrs Laven growls. "That was a lovely interruption but we must get back to work."

The lesson drags on and on. People are falling asleep and I don't blame them. A phone starts ringing and Mrs Laven looks up from helping a student. I look around and see it's Cara again. She grins and answers the call. Seriously, someone needs to control this girl. "Nah it's cool, I'll be there" she says and hangs up. She starts saying something to who I assume is Aria since she has been invading her personal little bubble of lonesome today.

"HEY LOSERS PARTY AT MINE TONIGHT, COME ORBE SOCIALLY RIDICULED FOR THE REST OF YOUR HIGH SCHOOL YEARS! TELL EVERYONE!! STARTS AT ELEVEN" Cara screams to the class. Jack, Micky and Kyle start cheering as well as a few other people. Party at Cara's, it's not that exciting, but I don't know if I'll go.

The bell goes for the end of lesson, which is also the end of the day. I stand at my locker putting my stuff away. Someone wraps their arms around me. I jump in shock. "Hey Liv," I realise it's Tyler. He puts his head on my shoulder. I look up at him, "Hey, long time no see," He gives me a quick kiss, "Yeah with all these different classes I never get to see you," He lets go of me and leans up against the locker beside me. I get my stuff ready to go. "So there's this party tonight," I say to him kind of hesitantly because I don't know if I even want to go.

"Yeah ok, who's?"

"You know that Cara girl?"

"Ah yeah....,"

"I don't know if I'll go though,"

He thinks about it for a second and moves closer towards me, "Yeah, we should go. It'll be fun,"

"You're right, it doesn't matter who's there anyway," and I shut my locker door and close the lock, "See you tonight,"

"I'll pick you up at 10:30?"

"Yeah, sounds good, see you then,"