Chapter Twenty Seven - Aria's POV

I can't believe I'm leaving. I felt anxious yet excited. I'm kinda embarrassed too.
They caught me... You know...
Hopefully they believed the lies I feed the about food poisoning. Cara and Olivia leave me alone in my room.
I stare. I'm actually leaving. What about when mum and dad get back? They won't know what's happening. They'll go crazy! Or will they? Like Olivia said, I'm not loved here. I'm not even treated like a human.
It hurts to know that's true. They don't care about me. No one does.
Except Cara and maybe Liv.
I don't know.
I feel so uneasy. What about the staff here? Will they lose their job? What if they do? It would be all my fault.
They'll get moved to mum or dads new home.
I stare at the four poster bed. Where will I sleep at Cara's house? I walk into my un suite.
The weights lay there haunting me. I step towards them in a haze. Climbing on I clench my heart.
52kg.
No. But I threw it all up... No. Mum will... No she won't. She can't. I'm leaving.
I feel a weight rise above me and my head feel a little less clattered. No much... But a little.
The bag I hold has enough space o take it with me. So I do.
I feel a bit guilty but I ignore the feeling and close my curtains for the first time.
I meet Cara and Olivia at the door with a hug. A tear rolls down my face and I hope they didn't see.
I walk down the stairs talking with Olivia and Cara.
As I reach for the front door I freeze. The handle turns before I even touch it.
I look back at my friends.
"Aria."
It's dad.
"What are you doing with those bags."
He stares r me with his green eyes. I shiver and look away. Cara steps forward.
"She is leaving," Cara speaks clearly unfazed by his wrinkling frown.
"Why?" He leans forward ini her face.
"Why?" She scoffs. "Because you don't love her!"
She begins to fidget with anger.
"She going with you," he says sternly.
"Well she sure isn't staying!" Cara begins to yell louder.
"No," he smirks leaning backwards. "She's coming with me before her mum takes her."
Cara shakes her head an Olivia steps next to me with her arm around my shoulder. I bite my lip and close my eyes.
I can't face him.
"She isn't leaving with you!" Cara shouts. "You treat her like an object or you personal use!"
"How would you know?" He chuckles.
"I'm her friend."
I smile. She is. She cares.
"She doesn't have friends."
I wince. My heart fills with the tears in my eyes and he grabs my shoulder.
"We're leaving Aria," he says.
I bite my lip.
"You can't take her like this!" Olivia mutters.
"I'm her father," my dad yells in an intimidating voice. "And we are moving to Sydney."
"Sydney..." I whisper.
"Aria!" He beckons. "Let's go."
I shake my head.
"Aria!" He yells.
"No." I repeat with my eyes close.
I'm scared of his reaction.
"You come with me!"
"I'm not moving to Sydney," I say with a strong voice.
"Yes you are!" He yells. "You're moving away from here and you mother! That'll teach her to mess with me!"
"I'm not moving!" I yell.
I've never yelled at him.
He pulls his belt up and frowns, "You're making a mistake. Go on. Live with your friend but I assure you. Your life is gonna be hell. I'm not giving you any money and I'm not going to give you any sympathy you when come crawling back for money like you mother."
He chuckles and I see Cara ready to hit him.
"Let's go," I say.
He stands in front of me ready to speak. He just kicks his lips and steps aside.
"Your still fifteen," he whispers into my ear. "You can't run away forever."
I walk past him and and leave forever. It feels good.

At Cara's, her family welcomes me with open arms. Aiden smiled and welcomed me back, Luke shook my hand, Nathan (who is never met) greeted me kindly and her dad took my bags. They were friendly people unlike what the neighbourhood thought.
"Where is she sleeping?" Cara asked?
"Probably your room for now," her dad answered.
"Thank you so much for having me," I say.
"Of course," he replies. "Any friend of Cara is welcome here. Nathan, please take Aria's stuff to her room."
He seemed shy compared to the rest of the family. He had blonde hair similar to Luke's and piercing blue eyes like Cara's. He was clearly someone girls went crazy for.
He blushed and picked up my stuff and dropped it into Cara's room.
"Thanks," I mumble.
He nods and leaves quietly.
"Don't," Cara says wincing.
"What?" I mumble.
"He's my brother and you have your date with Danny," she smiles and I just blush.
I eat dinner in the couch for the first time in my life. Well... I didn't exactly eat. I just said I wasn't hungry, scared of what those two kilos would do to me and mum.
I know I don't live with her but she'll be back. I know I shouldn't need her approval... But I do.
After Cara has devoured her lamb we brush our teeth and I put in a silk nightie.
I slip under the covers going head to tail with my friend.
"Are you okay?" Cara asks.
"Yeah," I whisper. "Of course. Always."
"Good," she sounds unsure.
"Thank you for letting me stay..."
"No problem," she answers.
I sit up.
"I have to ask..."
"What?" She replies sitting up.
"Are you and Ruby..." I hesitate to sound stupid.
"Yes," she bites her lip. "I think so."
She smiles.
"We should get some sleep," she interrupts the silence. "We have school tomorrow."
"Yeah."
School is tomorrow. Tomorrow is Tuesday. Tuesday is the day I find out where India's diary is.