Chapter Thirty Five - Caras POV

Today was the day. Today was the much prepared for engagement party. Currently Maddi is running all around the place doing god knows what is preparation for the party. Luke has decided that band practice is more important than setting up the party so he, along with his band mates decided that they would leave until the party. Apparently they are performing a song though. Such fun. Aria is busy staring at her phone, almost like she was waiting for a call or text from somebody. Maybe the same person he lied about not being with last night?

"Cara! I need you to go and get the cake from the cake place and then pick up Lukes suit from the dry cleaners before making him get into the suit and bringing his ass back here" Maddi yells, something I've never seen her do in the six years Luke and her have been dating.

"Sure" I answer, prepared to listen and do anything Maddi needs to make the day successful.

"Thanks a bunch"She answers before pulling me into a hug and crying. I think I get now why Luke left. Maddi is an emotional mess.

"Maddi are you ok?" I ask suddenly worried about the blond crying into my chest.

"No I'm not, I'm pregnant" she answers.

"What the fuck! That's great!!! Aren't you excited? You and Luke will make the cutest fricking babies" I exclaim surprised but absolutely ecstatic at the same time.

"Yeah I'm excited, I'm just scared Luke won't be. Whenever I bring up having kids he always says in ten, fifteen years time. When the band is off the ground and we have a house and money" Maddi replies still crying.

"Hey, he'll be absolutely pumped for the little bun in the over. Yeah it may not be planned but that baby will be so loved by all of us and if Luke is not bloody ecstatic then you tell me and I'll get him" I assures her hugging her tightly before picking up my car keys and driving to the cake shop.

Once I had the cake and the suit I drove to the Club house where the boys have their practices.

Walking in I stopped, stunned by the song they were performing;

"When I close my eyes and try to sleep
I fall apart, I'm fighting hard to breathe
You're the reason, the only reason
Even though my dizzy head is numb,
I swear my heart is never giving up
You're the reason, the only reason

I feel you burning under my skin
I swear I see you shining
Brighter than the flame inside your eyes-"

Unfortunately I ruined it though, for my stomach grumbled so loudly that I think everyone in China could hear it. The door was suddenly opened revealing a surprised looking Luke.

"Dude, what are you doing here?" Luke asks kinda panicked.

"The real question is what are you doing here? Your engagement party is in thirty minutes and your here in yesterday's clothes whilst your poor fiancé is loosing her fucking mind at setting everything up and don't get me started with the fact that's she's pre-" I paused suddenly hoping she realised my mistake.

"Maddi's what?" Luke asks curiously, by this time everyone was crowding around us, listening in.

"Aargh...I...um she's pretty much have a panic attack on the fact that your here not there" I say, hoping I covered up my mistake.

"Okay okay I'm coming, is that my suit? We just needed to finish a few more thing before the party." Luke justifies.

"Yep here you go, you have ten minutes to get changed then we are leaving. Same goes for you three, Maddi doesn't want slobs at the party" I say pointing to Calum, Ashton and Michael.