Chapter Seven - Aria's POV

Cara asking me to be party was a surprise. I mean, me? At a party? I don't fit into a setting like that but if I want to stay quiet about last night, what a choice do I have?
At home, I stare at my wardrobe. What do I even wear? Is it casual? Fancy? Formal? Where would I even begin to guess!?
What do I see in the movies? In everything I've ever watched the main character wears something to please others but realises, in the end, she should wear what she feels comfortable in. I guess I should just skip to the end.
I think. I have that mint top and skirt. The one with the little bows and flowing edges. I'll wear that.
So I do. It's comfortable, nice and casual.
Cara said to come at ten to help her get stuff ready but I don't know how long it will take to get there. I close the door on the empty house. Mum is in France and Dad is currently not with Mum so he's probably out at his estate in the country with some idiot of a girl.
I catch the bus because I haven't even got my L's. I only turned fifteen in April. I guess I'm a young year ten.
The oversized vehicle smells of alcohol and smokers. I try not to barf but seriously? Who smokes on a bus.
I look at the driver. Oh! He's the one smoking?! His grey moustache looks like something from World War II and I hold my breath for as long as I can.
It only takes about twenty minutes to get there as I realise I'm extra early.
An hour early! I don't know if I should wait or not but its too late to decide because I see Cara walking down the street.
She wears a black tank top and the blue leather jacket she wore to school. Cara waves.
"Hey," she calls out. "Your early."
I nod.
"I didn't know how long it would take."
"That's fine," she chuckles. "Come and meet the family."
Then Cara stares at my outfit.
"What on earth are you wearing?!" She exclaims. "You look like you came out of a lolly shop in a kids candy bag."
I look down. Maybe the movies lie.
"Um..." I mumble.
"I'll find you something," she laughs.
She shows me the way to her house talking about life more calmer than I've ever known someone to speak. She's alright.
"Here we are," Cara announces.
I look up. It's two story and fairly simple. It has a small front yard with a lemon tree and pathway leading to her front door which is painted red. The house is made of grey bricks making that individual door stand out beautifully. I hear some boys inside yelling. Oh no. I can't deal with socialisation. Not in the slightest. Ever. I can't.
Not that I have a choice...
"Stop standing there and hurry up," Cara sighs.
I take a breath and, knowing I can't get out of this, step towards the elegant doorway.
"Cara!" An older teenage boy yells as she walks into the hallway.
"Hey Aiden!" She smiles.
I assume this is her brother.
"Who's the peppermint?" Aiden smirks.
I blush and look at the ground. I chew my lip and realise I didn't make the right outfit choice.
"This is Aria," Cara laughs at her brothers cruel joke. "And I'm gonna fix her up."
I look and see another boy in the room behind Aiden. He has straight brown hair and green eyes. His cheek bones are strong and he wears a tight black tee, showing off his muscles. His sleeve doesn't quite cover the tatoo spiralling down his shoulder. I melt a little bit inside. He doesn't see me in my ridiculous outfit and I am internally gratefully.
Cara drags me down the corridor and into a room covered in posters. It's clearly hers. Woah. I've never seen so many posters. Her sheets have the pattern on a newspaper and a map of the world is sprawled across her wall with star stickers across it.
"It's all the places I want to go to," she states.
"Wow," I gaze in awe. "That's cool."
"Thanks," she heads over to her wardrobe which is covered in little articles and posters from magazines and the Internet. By the side of her bed is a picture of a little girl with her mother. I wonder where she is and her dad. Do they know about the party? Also why has she got an old photo by her bed? Why not a newer one? It would be rude to ask.
"We need something that's more you and less," she stares at the mirror. "Me."
I bite my lip. Her style isn't exactly similar to mine. What will everybody else be wearing? India would think I was mad to be coming. Why am I anyway?
"Try this," Cara pulls out a few clothes and chucks them at me. "The bathroom is down the hallway."
I nod and walk down the corridor. I see some guy making out with a girl. Must be more family. I know she has a few older brothers who also have a reputation.
Her bathroom is tiny compared to my families. I close the door and put on the outfit. I look in the mirror. It looks pretty good. It's a tight little black dress with gold swirls leave patterns up the side. The low back shows my shoulder bones and they stick out like rocks in the sand. I've always had quiet a small and petite body.
I run down the corridor trying not to disturb the intense couple and find my way back to Cara's room.
When I walk in she smiles.
"That's better," Cara smirks. "I knew I would work. Put these shoes on and hold still while I put your makeup on."
I do as she says and put the gold with a black floral pattern high heels on and I close my eyes. She applies a little bit of mascara and eyeshadow as well as some blush. When I open my eyes I smile. I don't look that bad.
She's highlighted my cheekbones and made my blue jewel eyes pop out. The little bit of lippy adds some colour to my face. Cara hasn't made me look like anyone but me and it's still my style. It's not rebel looking at all. I still look as innocent and sweet as before but also glamorous. How on earth did she do it?
She leads me out of her room and into the room where I say the good looking guy. Oh my. He's there again.
"Hey Cara!" He smiles.
Then he looks at me with that cute grin. I think I just died.
"Hey Danny," she replies with a chilled tone. "This is Aria, by the way. She goes to my school."
"Hey," Danny nods his head.
"Hi... Er... Danny... Um," and I turn to jelly just like that.
I blush through my makeup and Cara snorts. She understands what's happening. My mouth is dry from being so nervous.
Aiden walks by holding three cups and looks at me oddly.
"Who are you?" He asks.
"Aria..."
"Oh!" Aiden laughs. "You're the same girl. Well done, Cara."
She laughs and I just blush.
"Thanks, Aiden."
"Would you guys like something to drink?" He asks.
"Sure," Cara and Danny reply simultaneously.
"Yeah me too," I exclaim. "I'm so thirsty."
I grab the cup gratefully, "Thanks."
I gulp it down in one go before I realise what the contents were.

Aria's first party... How will that turn out?? Hope you are enjoying it.
-Caitlin