Chapter Twelve - Aria's POV

I'm not sure what happened after Olivia said that her mum wasn't home this morning. I don't know what happened most of the night. It's all a bit of a blur. There are fragments and bits missing but I do remember dancing, going to Cara's room, my fascination with the word pound and Danny. I remember him coming in. I was resting on Cara and I think she was oblivious to my awakening. I saw his cute smile as he saw me lying half asleep.
"Hit the alcohol too hard, did she?" He laughed so cutely.
"Kind of," Cara smiled. "Aiden and I gave it to her without her knowing."
He shakes his head, "Why?"
I remember freezing and Cara just replying, "No reason."
Danny just laughed and then I don't quite remember what happened next. Then there was another memory.
Cara had left the room and I was keeping under the blankets. The people had left, I assume, and I looked at the clock. I got up and started feeling sick. There was a rush to the toilet and a vomit just in time. I rushed my mouth and walked into the family room. I saw Cara on one couch and Danny on the other. Next thing I know I'm in Danny's car and then I'm home.
I vaguely remember him taking me in and leaving the room.
"Sorry about Cara," he whispered. "She shouldn't have given you that drink but she probably meant well."
That is the last think I remember. Now I'm looking at the shiny window watching the clouds float in the sky. It's Saturday and all I keep thinking is why in Earth did she get me drunk?! Aaaaargh.
That's not all though. What about my confession?! How did that happen. I blame Cara. I bet it was her plan all along but then Cara told me her story.. And so did Liv? What?! I've never even spoken to her. She's said things in the corridor to me like 'weirdo' and 'loner' but she's never actually had a conversation with me. Not like that! Neither of them.
I think my world has tipped upside down. I grab my phone and check for any messages. I have two missed calls and three messages. That's more than usual. With no friends, I normally have one lame excuse for a text from mum asking how I am. That's their. So is a message from someone else.

Hey it's Danny, I grabbed your number when I dropped you home.

I melt a little bit and then realise he saw me in a messed heap last night. He will never ever talk to me again.
I check the other message. Cara.

Hey, I got your number from Danny after he dropped you home. Sorry about last night. Cara

I'm not happy with her after last night but at the same time how can I be mad after she opened up to me like that? Danny did say she meant well. I believe that.
There are two voicemails from dad. Great. I won't even be bothered looking at them now. Instead I reply to Cara.

Hey, was I really bad last night? What did I do? Btw I don't forgive you but I'm not mad.

She replies almost instantly.

You just danced. Calm down. Chill. I get that your mad. Sorry.

I lay back. Thats a relief. Just danced. Oh no. I look terrible when I dance! I shove my pillow over my head and decide to ignore the world. I wish.
The maid walks in with her vacuum. She wears a horribly tight uniform and doesn't even acknowledge me. I bet Dad hired her. I don't think she speaks English. I told her to not bother tidying my room and she replied with Spanish and continued cleaning.
"Im not even dressed yet," I mumble.
She ignores me and I get up.
I walk down two flights of stairs to the bottom floor with the kitchen. I pour myself a bowl of cereal before Mum's chef gives me my daily diet meal.
He walks in smiling and I shove the cereal in my mouth and he walks off disappointed. I mumble sorry but he doesn't hear.
I sit and my head pounds. The extravagant modern chandelier above me seems to threaten my existence. I know that's what normally happens and mum designed the whole house. From the three layered triangular pool to the golden heaven looking bathroom. I bet it's worth at least a few million dollars. Probably a lot more. I don't even want to think about it when there are starving children. Thinking about the parentals, I better hear what dad so urgently has to say.
I pick up my phone and sit down in egg shaped chairs. I still wear Cara's clothes and I hope know one notices. They probably won't. My house is home to about ten other workers but it's still feels so empty. I listen to Dads messages.

Aria, my sweet Aria. Whatever your mother says, know that it's probably not true and I love you. I really do. Please pickup.

I sit confused. What? The next messages stars to play.

Aria, I really didn't mean it. It was an accident. Just dont listen to your mother. I haven't told her yet but I will. I just want to tell you first. Call me. Please, Aria, call me.

Oh no. He never says please. He never says what he has done was an accident. It was always 'not his fault'. He never says please because he doesn't think he needs to. I call him straight away. I don't like him but he is my father.
"Dad?" I ask as soon as he picks up.
"Listen to me, baby girl," he says sweetly. "Know I love you. Your mum and I, we've had our differences, but it's not going to work. Not when I tell her this."
I tremble. What is happening.
"A woman," he pauses. "She's pregnant. I'm the father."
I stop in my tracks. What did he just say?!