Seven years later

" Ek aur? Tu toh chhupa rustam nikla Malhotra

" Ek aur? Tu toh chhupa rustam nikla Malhotra." Shreyas mused as he stared the screen.
" -One more? You turned out to be a smart person in disguise, Malhotra."

Avyaan shook his head with a sigh.
" Two tequila shots, one with extra ice, and one with none." He told the waiter as he grabbed the phone from Shreyas and put it down.

" This is the third rumour of the month, and your second one with Tanya Gautam."

" I'm aware." He spoke monotonously as he flipped the pages of the menu.

" So when are you taking her out on an actual date eh?"

" You do it, why don't you? You seem way too interested in my love-life."

" Love life?" Shreyas laughed. " Do you even have one?"

Avyaan shot him a stink eye as the waiter came with their drinks and Avyaan ordered the starters.

" Sharam karle, pachees ka hogaya ab tu, shaadi-vaadi karne ke plans hai ya nahi?" Shreyas continued with a sly smirk.
" -Have some shame, you're twenty-five now, don't you have any plans for marriage?"

" Tu phir chalu ho gaya?" Avyaan narrowed his eyes at him.
" Agar itna hi hai, toh khud karle shaadi! Baraat mein naachne keliye puri team taiyaar hai."
" -You started off again? If you're so bothered about marriage, you do it, get married, the entire team is ready to dance in the procession."

Shreyas gulped, looking away.
" Mujhe jo pasand hai—"
" -The one I like—"

" Uski mangni tak ho chuki Desai, uske shaadi mein Channa Mereya gaane ke plans hai kya?" Avyaan let out a mirthless chuckle.
" She's even engaged Desai, do you plan to sing heartbreak songs on her wedding day?"

" Tu chup reh! Teri halat bhi kuch acchi nahi hai!"
" -You shut up! You ain't in a better position either!"

" Baar baar, baat baat pe ye yaad dilana bohot zaroori hai naa?"
" It's really important for you to make me recall that, with each chance you get, during every other conversation?"

" Ji bilkul. Aur mujhe nahi karni shaadi, maine single marne ka decision liya hai."
" Yes indeed. And I don't want to get married, I've decided to die single."

" Accha matlab virgin bhi. Accha hai, sanyas kyu nahi le leta phir?"
" Oh, so a virgin as well then. That's nice, why don't you become a monk then?"