" Avyaan Malhotra denies dating rumours with Tanya Gautam, says they're not even close and only familiar with each other through their mutual friends? Isn't this like...the second time he had rumours of dating her?"

" Why are you so bothered about it Aarya?" Siya asked.

" Well...I got to have news about the guy my best-friend, no matter how hard she denies, loves. And if he actually ends up taking some girl out on a date, I'll beat the daylights out of him. Seedha hospital ke bed pe uthega woh nalayak!"
" -That worthless asshole will end up on the hospital bed!"

Siya sighed, shaking her head.
" I wonder how is your boyfriend not terrified of you."

" I am!" Vansh nodded, peeking his head into the room.

She chuckled as Aarya pouted.

" Am I that terrifying?"

Vansh paled as she threw the question at him.

Siya's eyes enlarged, bemusement morphing her face.
' Ah, a trick question, poor thing.' She thought as she turned back to her files.

" Arthroplasty?" She mumbled, flipping through the pages as she continued to read about the patient's past history.

" Adya Rai. A Kuchipudi dancer, impressive." She murmured.
But as she read further, her heart broke.

It turned out, the girl was just seventeen, studying in a dance school, and was finally having her Arangetram, the most important thing for a dancer, the main stage performance, however, a hip replacement surgery would ruin everything for her for the time being.

She recalled the girl's helpless parents as tears streamed down her cheeks, begging to know whether she'd be able to perform or not.

" Siya!" She flinched, Aarya's voice distracting her from her thoughts.

" Hm?"

" Do you think I'm scary?"

" Not this again. Don't drag me into this. I'm not being the sacrificial lamb yet again." She firmly shook her head.

" Dekha, even she's scared of you."
" -See, even she's scared of you."

" Excuse me? I'm not scared of her! I'm scared of the amount of felonies she might commit someday. Speak for yourself, don't drag me into it!"

" Felonies? Not felony?" Aarya questioned and Siya nodded.

" With the amount of threats you give, if they turn real someday, I'll have to use all of Baba's power to bail you out after you get jailed."

" Huh? You're such a meanie!" Aarya frowned at her and Siya let out a giggle.

" Your meanie though!" She winked at her.

" Hey! Stop trying to steal my girl!"

" Your girl was mine since we were in diapers! You're the third wheel here!" Siya pouted as she pulled Aarya close.

" Aarya move away! You're mine!"

" All yours love, but you're still the third wheel."

Vansh scoffed.
" Someone go get Avyaan Malhotra! His girl keeps trying to steal my girl."

" I'm not his!"

" Well but he's surely yours. That man is down bad for you."

" Don't expect me to believe that." Siya shook her head.

" What? It's true!" Vansh sighed as Siya looked away.

Aarya sighed as well.
" Siya. You've seen it too. He repeatedly denied dating rumours, in each interview, every time he was asked about his relationship status with models and actresses he's collaborated with, his answer would be fixed, the videos are viral yet again, and so is his recent interview." She shoved her phone in Siya's hand as the day old interview played.

And Siya knew Aarya was well aware that she was going to watch it had she not been asked to assist a surgery,

" Yes, you were saying?"

" So, are you dating someone? Rumours came up recently regarding you dating Tanya Gautam—"

" And I believe I've denied them. Like you yourself said, they're rumours. They don't necessarily have to be true, such speculations about my love life have come up before as well, it's not a surprising or a happening thing, it happens to every other public figure, but the reason I'm receiving love, affection, fame and fandom is, I believe, the sport I play and the country I play it for. India has many such fabulous players, Sachin sir is a prime example, and he's not the only one of-course. We've got many more players and if start with their names, the list would end as the interview does. Why is he famous again? Why is he called Master-Blaster again? Why do people still respect him? Because of the way he played on field. We dug up into his personal lives only when he started earning that fame after scoring India multiple wins. Till then, no one bothered. Yet, what was considered more important? Whether he plays well, or whether he dates someone? Whether he plays well of-course! So I'd really appreciate people rather looking at me on field as I play and talk about that than my love life and try and make up things and rumours. I've said this before in quite a few interviews as well, my relationship status might not be flaunted to the world, but there's someone I'm waiting for, someone I've been waiting for, for the past few years, someone who's been there with me patiently, to help me fight my demons, to encourage me when I felt I could do nothing, to believe in me when no one apart from my family and mentor did, to help me be what I am today. That someone was there with me through my worst, I've made my mistakes, like every other human does, but apologising, correcting it and waiting is what I can, and am doing for her for her, so all of this, even if it means an eternity, is something I wouldn't mind. Next question please."

Siya would've been blatantly lying had she said his words didn't make her heart flutter and pace uncontrollably.

But things had changed, and she was extremely tired of having everyone make fake promises to her.

And everyone eventually grew tired of her, what were the possibilities that Avyaan wouldn't, what were the possibilities that he'd stay, what were the possibilities that he'd never leave?

Because now, she wanted to see those assurances acted out, than only spoken.

And it was a matter of time before she'd come to know whether he was genuine or not.