" Avyaan, your phone's ringing."

" Who is it?"

" It's an unknown number!"

" I don't have truecaller anymore, check karle tere paas number hai kya."
" -Check if you have the number saved."

" Nahi hai."
" -I don't."

" Must be a scam?" He pondered walking out of the room as he discarded his t-shirt.

Seeing the number, he frowned.
" I've been getting a call on this number since yesterday, must be the tenth time the person's called."

" Then receive it." Shreyas shrugged. " De, Mai kar deta hoon."
" -Hand it over, I'll do it."

" Hello?" A high-pitched feminine voice quipped on line and Avyaan gritted his teeth.

" Is that Tanya Gautam?" Karan mouthed to him and he nodded.

" Am I speaking to Avyaan?"
She continued after seconds of silence.

" No." Karan and Shreyas said almost immediately.

" We're his best-friends on line. Who are you?" Shreyas asked, despite knowing who it was.

" I want to talk to Avyaan." She said, refusing to answer them.

" And he's not here. We let you know who you're talking to. Who the fuck are you? What are we supposed to tell Avyaan when he sees the number?" Karan voiced out, his tone rough.

" Tanya. Where has he gone?"

" Shopping."

" Alone?"

" No, with his sister." Shreyas said.

" He's gone to Swarovski by the way." Karan added

" O-oh. But for his sister right?"

" And his girl too. So it'd be appreciated if you leave him the hell alone!" The two snapped in an accord and hung up on her.

Avyaan burst into laughter.
" I do have to go shopping with Meher though." He said as he stopped.

" What time?"

" Now. I'll change and go pick her up."

" Kamse kam naha toh le."
" -At-least go and have a bath."

" Subah subah naha chuka hu mai."
" -I've had a bath in the morning."

" Uske baad practice keliye kaun gaya, tera bhoot? Ya teri bandhi? Jaa nahale." Shreyas shoved him away.
" -And who went for practice after that? Your ghost? Or your girl? Go have a bath."

Letting out a sigh, Avyaan nodded and grabbed his towel, making his way towards the washroom.

Taking a quick shower, he walked out with the towel wrapped around his hips.

The bell rang, and as Shreyas opened the door, his sister Meher walked in with a friend.

The girl's jaw dropped seeing him half-bare.