14

" So you're telling me she cannot participate in the ballet competition tomorrow?"

" No Mrs.Tewatia. She's got a hairline fracture. It's just not possible." Siya calmly explained it to the fretting Mother who sat before her.

Her gaze shifted towards the daughter whose gaze was dropped low, devoid of any emotion, she seemed to have resigned to her fate.

It badly bothered Siya how the woman was more worried about her daughter's competition than well being.

She was a mother, shouldn't her daughter's well being be her top priority?

She understood that the competition was important for her.

But this was getting out of hand.

" Doctor, something must happen! I've done a lot to ensure she'd be able to participate in this competition. Injuries come and go! But she cannot afford an injury right now. How could you be so careless?" She tutted, the disappointment in her gaze weighing heavy over the girl.

" Mrs.Tewatia, it wasn't really her fault. You should be grateful it's a hairline fracture and not something massive, and that your daughter is still safe."

" You don't get it Doctor...she's getting out of hand day by day. I'm a mother—"

" I have a Mother too Mrs.Tewatia. I might not be a mother, but I've observed mine. And I've seen the way she would fret when we would be hurt."

" This competition is important! Her injuries aren't!"

Siya looked at the woman incredulously as her daughter let out a short, mirthless, barely audible chuckle and Mrs.Tewatia's eyes widened in realisation.

" Sweetie, I didn't mean that—" She began but Siya beat her to it.

" Mrs.Tewatia, your daughter has a hairline fracture. It's not a mere wound. I understand you're worried, I understand that this competition is important. But she cannot dance. And if you force her to, she'll have to sit out for the rest of her life. The choice, is yours. I'd also like to talk to your daughter if you're fine with it."

She sighed as her phone rang, and nodded her head, walking out of the room as Siya looked at the young girl.

" Miss Tewa—"

" Trisha Please call me Trisha."

" Alright...Trisha, are you genuinely interested in the competition?"

" It was my dream..." she murmured, her gaze forlorn and distant.
" Ballet. But she turned it into something she can show off, the pressure increased yet again. And it wasn't a dream anymore."

Siya looked at her, empathy filled in her gaze.

" It's alright Doctor. I go through this on a daily basis. I'm used to it. You needn't worry about me."

Mrs.Tewatia returned soon after, Siya told her all that was needed, and they left.

About five minutes after they were gone, Vansh and Aarya barged into her cabin, with the former appearing exasperated and guilty, and the latter seething.