" Since the auctions for IPL are over, we'll get onto the team discussions. There are high possibilities of you being made captain for this season Avyaan."

Avyaan nearly fell off his chair and as he sat back up he frowned facing the camera.
" Captain? Me?"

" Yeah. Most of the teams have new captains this season. They're not yet officially announced but yes. Shreyas Iyer for Kolkata Knight Riders, Ruturaj Gaikwad for Chennai Super Kings, Faf is already the captain for Bangalore, Hardik Pandya has left Gujarat Titans and would be Mumbai Indians' new captain, Rohit being stripped off his captaincy title, a sad thing really, so there are high chances Shubman Gill would be announced as their new captain."

Avyaan nodded, comprehending the information.

" He'd be a good captain. A mature one."

" He's a kid." Someone tsked and his frown deepened.

" So? Wasn't Virat Bhai also made captain for RCB when he was twenty four? Instead of scrutinizing him, encourage and support him. It's a big responsibility at a young age. It proves how capable he is that the management considered making him the captain."

Silence took over for a while till the bowling coach broke the silence.
" You'd be a good captain too Avyaan."

" Why me? Why not Shrey?"

" Ay, no no no! Not me. I'm not interested in becoming captain. Besides, Baba only suggested that they should make you the captain."

Avyaan was bewildered.
" If you're doing this merely because Sir suggested-"

" Avyaan, I'm genuinely not interested in becoming captain. Besides, everyone including me feels you'd be a great captain. You've got that patience, that aggressiveness when needed, that sense of responsibility, that knowledge of what needs to be done when, I believe you can lead the team to achieve great feats."

He gulped, captaincy was a big responsibility and he wasn't sure if he could do it well.

" Tu karlega Avyaan. Hume bharosa hai tujhpe."
"-You'll do it Avyaan. We have that faith in you."

" Haa. You'll be an excellent captain Avyaan. I believe in you. We believe in you."

" Imagine you being the captain someday!"

" Captain? No no! That's too much of responsibility! I don't think I can do it!"

" You can! And you will! I will proudly say someday, you see him? Yeah the captain, I'm his girlfriend! I'm Skipper Avyaan Malhotra's girlfriend!" Siya declared making Avyaan chuckle fondly as he stared at her.

" Yeah? You think I can do it?"

" You can! I believe in you starboy!"

Avyaan smiled as Shreyas hooted.
" See see? He smiled! It's a yes isn't it?"

" Maine Haa kaha nahi hai."
"-I've not agreed yet."