15

" I'm planning to move out." Siya's declaration during a breakfast had everyone taken aback.

Vidhi was seething with rage, while Tushar seemed upset about it, and Shreyas, well Shreyas did what he always would.

Sat back and entertained himself, stuffing himself with food.

" The building's closer to the hospital! If an emergency comes up, it takes me time to reach Bandra East."

" Isn't the building in Bandra West too?"

" It is Mumma but—"

" You just came Siya, and you want to move out? Shrey would be barely home too, being swamped with his matches, you'd mostly be in the hospital, the least amount of time we get to see you, and you want to spend it away from home? You returned after seven whole years."

Siya sighed.
" I thought this through very carefully Mumma. And I'll drop by everyday."

" The house is quiet without you around. Why don't you get married—"

" Mumma are you serious?" Siya shot her an incredulous look.

" Siya—are you not ready yet? Or is he not ready yet? I don't think he isn't ready, he'd be ready to marry you even if you asked today."

" Avyaan and I are not dating." She clarified.

" Siya—"

" Baba please, we're not talking about this."

" Okay."

" On a second thought, you get married." Vidhi told her son and he choked on the salad, breaking into a fit of coughs as Siya rubbed his back and handed him water.

" I'm sure he'd rather sit in his room and cry." She muttered under her breath as Shreyas glared at her.

" Huh?"

" Kaahi naahi! Mala naahi vatat tyala itkyaat lagna karaycha aahe."
"-Nothing! I don't think he intends to get married anytime soon."

" Kashvi cha sakharpuda jhalela aahe."
"-Kashvi is already engaged." Tushar said nonchalantly.

" Mi tichya baddhal kadhi bol lo?"
"-When did I say anything about her?"

" Shabdanchi garaz naahi aahe. Dole and tujha vagnach bolta."
"-You don't need to use words. Your eyes and behaviour speak enough."

" Baba...."

" Tyala naahi karaycha lagna."
"-He doesn't want to get married."

" Why? Do you intend to stay single all your life?"

" Mumma—"

" I'm not going to listen to those Kuch Kuch Hota Hai dialogues."

" Mumma, if that wasn't true, why are Avyaan and Siya still stuck over each other?"

" Shut up! Don't drag me into this!"

" But it's true, is it not?"