College Life

I realized I had done probably what was the stupidest thing I've ever done in my life, but it's worthless. I've been away from One Direction for almost an entire year; if I went back, what in the world makes me think that I would be welcomed? No. I wouldn't. It was my mistake and now I have to live with it, I took this decision and deserve the bitter outcomes.

Towards the end of January, Jennifer and I had begun our first semester of college. It was now November. Quite crazy how fast time passes. Up to this point, I can't really say I don't like college. Clubs are not that bad, actually they're pretty fun. I recommend anyone new to a college to join a club, it's a fun way of getting to know people and the college itself. Teachers and classes are not as bad as high school teachers made it seem. They say that once we get to college we are on our own and that we better get our life together if we want to survive. However, it's obvious that my life is not at all "put together" and that I'm not so alone as I thought.

Jenni and I got lucky to be roommates. Or.. Probably not as lucky since I have to put up with her staying up until God knows what time in the morning video chatting with Liam some days. I swear if anyone was to walk into our dorm and see her video chatting one of the members of the famous One Direction boy band, they would freak. I do have to say though that I find it very adorable how they've managed to keep a long distance relationship for more than a year and still be stronger than any other couple I've known.

How's Niall, you ask? He's pulling through like I am. Here and there, Jenni will indirectly mention Niall and Liam will give an update about how he's doing then ask about me as well. Sometimes he even switches the camera to him, only when he's not paying attention. Most of those times he's either eating, playing guitar or composing.

I remember when I was with him on tour he would spend most of his time with paper and a pencil writing. I could be laying down next to him or on his chest and he would be writing. I enjoyed every second of it. His face looked so focused it was super attractive. The look in his eyes, filled with passion, he would lick his lips or bite on them whenever he had too many ideas that he couldn't seem to put together. His hand would run his hair every ten minutes or so as if that was his way of controlling his ideas. There's nothing more attractive than seeing someone do or talk about something they're passionate about. And I swear every time he sat and wrote, I fell more in love with him. Even up to this date, seeing him through a laptop miles away.

Sometimes Niall would notice Liam's camera facing him. He would look up and do that little smirk of his that always drove me crazy - okay, that still drives me crazy - then let out a small giggle.
"Jennifer? Again Liam? I'll leave you two alone."
Then he'd walk out.

Today was different though. I had tons of homework due by tomorrow and I had been wasting my time on other things. Now I was seriously in trouble and I had to finish all of this as soon as possible. I usually use the top bunk bed but today I used to bottom bunk because I had to keep getting up to get anything I needed or get prints from the printer. Jenni was on the upper bunk talking to Liam as usual. I don't really get into their conversations unless it's to see Niall's concentration face which I personally love. He doesn't know about me watching him though and that's the best for both.

I was working on my project for professional communications class and I stood up to get my notebook from our desk when Liam said:

"Anabeth will you please tell Jenni that my hair doesn't look that bad short?!"

"No Anabeth. Tell Liam that he looks better with longer hair styled up." Argued Jenni.
I laughed.

"Liam you live your life and be a rebel. For gods sake, go bald if you'd like. But hey, don't blame me if you end up with no girlfriend. And Jenni let the boy be. Maybe he has a bald head fetish. Who knows. Not me.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have homework to finish and a couple of mental breakdowns to have, I'm a little bit behind on those. Chiao." I said waving goodbye.

They both laughed a little and I went back to the lower bunk. Jennifer forgot to put back her earphones so I somewhat heard the conversation from that point on. Alright, I completely heard the conversation. Yes, I get distracted easily.

"Makes me remember why Niall was so happy with her and why he hasn't been the same ever since." Said Liam in a more serious tone.

"He enjoys cruelty or what's up with that boy?! Hahaha but seriously how is he?" Asked Jenni.

"Maybe likes cruelty but maybe he likes how she didn't hold her opinions back, even if they're cruel. Haha he's good. You'd expect him to be great by now, I mean. It's been almost a year, but he's not."

"Yea, that's Anabeth. Once you get to know her she can be very interesting. And damn he really loved her didn't he?"

"Loves, Jenni, loves. He still does. He's always saying that she has that one thing that made him fall hard for her, he didn't know what but he was already determined to spend the rest of his life trying to figure it out."

"Then why was he going out with this other girl a couple of weeks ago? It was all over the news. That's no love. "

"The media can ruin a lot of things. Our manager believed that him dating someone else would get Beth out of his mind but he dumped her the day after. Didn't work."

"That's crazy, even for Niall. Why would he even agree to that?"

"He didn't know what else to do to forget her. Why do you think he leaves every time we talk? It's not that he wants to give us privacy, he wouldn't stand catching a glimpse of her or listening to her voice in the background. He says it would make it all more difficult."

"Maybe he has a point but avoiding her is not the brightest idea. They need closure."

"Yeah yeah but we both know it won't happen. You know the letter she wrote him? Niall wrote back. But he never dared to send it."

"What?! Why not?"

"I don't know. Something about her being stubborn and strongly determined. He said that once she took a decision nothing would make her change her mind so it would be worthless to send it. That's also why he gave up in trying to reach her."

"No. No. Liam. He has to send her that letter. I know my best friend, probably better than I know myself. She's not okay. She's not fine. She's not happy and I can see it in her eyes."

"I doubt he will but I'm going to try to convince him. He's been busy with all these photo shoots we've had and recording our new album he hasn't had much time to think about all of this, but I'll see what I can do."

"Yes please do so. I know she doesn't want her happiness to depend on a boy, but that boy may just be an important part of her happiness whether she likes it or not."

"And she's certainly part of Niall's happiness. He's my friend and I only want to see him smile. Truly smile... Like befor- Holy sh- he's back."

You could hear someone in the background throwing himself on the sofa and based on what I've been hearing it was probably Niall.

"I'll try my best. Bye sweetheart, I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Bye Liam."

Then they hung up, leaving me alone with my own thoughts. Ouch.