Up all Night

"I hate not being able to see." I cried as I heard an elevator door open.

"You'll be able to see in a matter of seconds." Niall explained.

"I still don't like it."

He pulled me into a hug and whispered into my ear:

"Why? Feel unsafe?"

Sigh. Why'd he have to be so darn irresistible?

"You're testing your luck Blondie. You've been the only person to ever dare me into things I hate."

He laughed. "That's a good thing! Open your eyes."

I struggled as my blurry vision became clear only to see that we were on the roof of the restaurant and that there was a table for two nicely decorated. The sun was still setting in the background. Beautiful.

"It's a classic. You gotta admit it's nice." Niall teased.

"I was afraid you'd say that because then I'd have to agree."

"You'd only have to agree if its true."

"It's nice Niall, as a matter of fact, it's beautiful."

I admit that ever since I met Niall I've been giving classics a chance. I can't stand them yet but here and there it's nice to have a cliche boyfriend.

"I thought Liam and Jennifer would be with us." I said confused

"Oh, no. Liam made his own plans to get more alone time, better for us"

Of course.

"What's for dinner?"

"Pizza."

"Wait, so we came to a fancy restaurant to eat pizza? Classy."

"We came for the view, not the food. Pizza beats anything!"

He was right. Pizza definitely beats any other type of food in the world! Niall walked me to my seat then opened the pizza box, it was the first time I had ever seen a heart-shaped pizza in real life. I've seen pictures of them and all but no one really cares enough for me to buy me one, until now. On the top kid of the cardboard box it said 'You've got a piece of my heart."

"This just keeps getting cheesier. Pun intended." I said.

"You like it?"

"Love it."

By the time we finished eating, the sun had completely set and the night sky was above us.

"Let's go to the beach" Niall suggested.

"It's night, the waves get bigger."

"Afraid?"

I realized that this whole afternoon I had been playing it safe and boring, for some reason I was scared of trying new things. So I decided I'd go wherever without hesitation as long as it involved Niall.

"No, just informing you. Let's go!" I grabbed his hand and ran off in the direction I though the beach was.

Liam and Jennifer were already by the shore around a bonfire. I believe they were trying to tackle each other into the water a few minutes before because they were soaking.

"We'll look at you two, always late." Liam said.

"Sorry mate. Lost track of time." Niall answered him.

I don't know what time it is but judging by the darkness it's probably around 10.

We sat around the bonfire as well and began making s'mores. Every time j went camping with my parents I would somehow burn the whole s'more making it a tiny bit uneatable -Okay, maybe a whole lot uneatable- I felt successful for not burning then this time. We talked and laughed but it wasn't for a long time. Within an hour or so the boys stood up and told us to follow them, apparently it was our 'last destination' of the night. They really had this whole thing planned out and up to this point it had all been perfect, just the pizza would've been enough but they tend to go full out.

We walked for a while along the shore kicking water at each other and telling weird sea stories about ghost sharks. If people heard us they'd think we belonged in a mental institution.

The boys had led us to a huge, nicely lighted and decorated with Christmas lights, boat, I believe it was a special boat for New Year's Eve. There was people lined up to aboard it and they all seemed pretty excited about it as if they had been on the boat every year.

"It's a tradition here. This boat goes off to sea every New Year's Eve at 11. People save all year so they can board it. They serve dinner, and breakfast. It's a celebration like no other. Or at least that's what the pamphlet said."Liam explained.

"Why do they serve breakfast? We're not staying the night on a boat, are we?" Jenni asked.

"We most certainly are." Niall told her.

"You guys really didn't have to do this. It's is incredible!" I hugged Niall.

"We like making the most out of any holiday. And you two deserve a good trip outside of college."

"Orlando, Florida is already a good trip. Thank you though." Jennifer said.

The boat was even more beautiful from the inside. Rooms were presentable, everything inside looked luxurious but affordable, the view of nothing but the ocean under the light of the moon and stars was breath taking. I was enjoying myself so much that time passed by very quickly. When I least expected it passengers on board began the final countdown to say goodbye to 2014 and Niall walked up to hug me from behind with a glass of fancy bubbly apple cider. I can't drink yet, I barely turned 20. Lucky Niall is 21 so he had a glass of champagne.

5,

4,

3,

2,

1!

"Happy new year, Brunnette. I love you" Niall whispered into my ear.

I turned so I could face him, his blue eyes always looked amazing under the night sky and I never miss the opportunity to stare into them.

"Happy New Year's Blondie, I love you too."

He smiled then pressed his lips into mine, giving me my first ever New Year's kiss. It was spectacular, I didn't want this kiss to end.

Just at that moment, fireworks began to light up the sky with florescent colors and unique shapes and effects.
It felt like the day Niall had asked me out after their concert, and it made me remember why I had fallen in love with him in the first place, it made me remember the butterflies only he could give me and the smiles that only appeared when I was by his side, it made me realize this was were I belonged -by his side.

He might be super corny and a hopeless romantic, but he was the boy I wanted to be with.