Graduation

Niall's plan was fantastic. Since the Brit awards, he has given me 5 meet and greet passes, airplane tickets, and hotel rooms for each concert in their tour to distribute among fans that truly deserve meeting their idol but don't have the resources to do so. It might cost him money but he wouldn't be where he is now without the support of the fans and that was one of Niall's ways to say thank you.

I had managed to mix my college work with the job of distributing these tickets fairly well, after all, it's not difficult to find a fan without good economic resources but with big dreams. It's nice to know there's still people out there with high hopes and goals, and with hearts of gold.

Time went by quickly and in what felt like a heartbeat, two years had passed and I was already graduating.

"Heard your graduation is approaching."

"It is, I can't believe it Niall. It seemed like all the homework would never end."

"Baby, all the bad things are temporary. Hey have you heard who's financing the graduation yet?"

"Not yet, it won't be something expensively huge so they shouldn't struggle."

"Yeah. I'll see you in a week then. I gotta go, I'm supposed to be working on something."

"Love you Niall, see you."

"Love you Brunette."

I was walking around the campus still in disbelief. In less than a week, I would be graduating from college. I would have a bachelors in law enforcement and could officially work as an attorney or continue studying to obtain a masters. It was all up to me now. I was finally achieving one of my major goals in life: completing a college education and having a career.

If I could look back at my high school Senior self, I wouldn't believe I would be where I am now. I wouldn't believe I'm dating a boy I'm madly in love with, I wouldn't believe that Jennifer is still like my sister, that I was making my parents proud, that I was making myself proud. My whole life, I've set myself goals, but none were as important as this one. Everything seemed unbelievable.

"Look who I found." I heard behind me.

"Hey Jenni, sorry I'm just full of nostalgia."

"I'm aware. Don't worry, I feel the same."

"It's just that, it's finally happening you know? Another step into life."

"That sounds like a lot of responsibility."

"Maybe because it is. I'm 22 now with a whole future ahead."

"Don't overthink it. Live one day at a time. Let's get something to eat, I'm starving. I've been packing all day."

"That's a smart advice. And sure lets go."

"You know what I find interestingly weird?" Jenni said.

"What?"

"The fact that graduation lands on the same day as your birthday. June 15th."

"My birthday has always been weird, Jennifer. Think about it, it's hard to understand sometimes. Senior year I was 18 and as soon as we graduated I turned 19. Our college freshman year I turned 20, then 21, 22, and I'm graduating at the age of 23. Or sort of."

"That's just confusing me more. It almost seems like it doesn't even make sense mathematically."

"I know huh? Have you heard who's funding the ceremony?"

"Nope. Just know its people with money like every year."

"Mhmm. Hurry up to eat! We need to go shopping for a graduation outfit. It's double special."