Last day

"One more class and we are free!!" I hear..a few desks away from mine. As odd as it seems..I don't want Christmas Break to get here. Don't take me wrong. Christmas is my favorite holiday of the whole year. I've been counting down the days left until Christmas, but now that it is so close..I don't want to leave school. It's December 20th, Friday, last day of school for us which means I won't see my friends at all for 2 long weeks!!

"Anabeth!!" I hear a familiar voice calling.
Jennifer, my best friend since I can remember, was standing by the door waiting for me with a "what are you doing" look on her face. I got too deep into thinking that I didn't realize I was still in my seat.

Jennifer had been my best friend since we needed diaper changes. We've grown up as sisters. She's a beautiful fair skin brunette with pretty brown eyes, although she's currently a red head because she wanted to experiment with colors. It's more of a reddish brown actually with blonde highlights, she manages to pull it off. She's a very smart girl even if sometimes she does the dumbest things ever. Never does she fail to put a smile on my face and I'm thankful to know I have such a loyal and crazy best friend. I can't imagine myself without her there to keep me sane. This year she took the title of "Best Artist Nationwide"; not to brag but she has mad skills! While I can't draw a stick figure, she can draw an entire scenery. Crazy talent!

"C'mon!!" She said, I packed my notebook and pencil and rushed to
AP-Calculus with her.

I know what you're thinking. She's in high school taking AP cal? She's gotta be a nerd!

Yes. I am a nerd. And I admit it. I love mathematics and I'm a straight A student. But I'm not the typical "nerd". I don't use glasses. I don't wear my hair in a high pony tail or braid all the time. I don't like squared shirts or shorts. Ew. That's just to "classic" for me.
I'm a "Nerd in love with Fashion" At first glance I may seem like other girls. I don't dress in brand clothes. But I do wear well-matched outfits. I don't straighten or curl my hair daily. But I do fix it so it looks ~okay~. I don't wear tons of makeup, mascara and lip gloss is technically it. I keep my look simple.

We get to our class and take our seats by the window. Snow falling from the sky, softly, delicately. Accumulating in not so big piles of snow.
I live in Texas. Needless to say, snow is not common nor is cold weather.

36 degrees.
"Freezing" in our language.

I look out the window during the entire class period since all we are doing is watching "Man of Steel" the new Superman movie that was barely released. I love Superman -he's my favorite superhero- and I could watch this movie endless amount of times, but for some reason, today I didn't feel like myself.
I find myself daydreaming every 10 seconds. Playing back all the summer memories I have. Smiling at myself at all the jokes my friends have told me. It makes me feel like I'm in a much peaceful place compared to high school.

For those who don't know, high school has the reputation of being either the best or the worst years of our lives. Scary to think that, isn't it?
Your entire college future depends on four years in a school full with fake people, drama, heartbreaks, and false hopes.

"You will use this in real life" is the most overused phrase in existence; its also the biggest lie ever invented by teachers trying to get their students attention.

High school: the place that will crush your dreams and give terrible future life expectations.

I'm glad it's my last year in this prison- I mean school.

I felt Jennifer's eyes on me. I turned to look at her.

"What's wrong? You seem awkwardly quiet today." She says.