Episode 18: Unexpected Visitor: Tensions and Temptations

Thalia's POV

After a morning phone call with my professor regarding my courses, it's now 8 o'clock. I can't help but miss everything about my apartment in Italy, so I've decided to return in a few days. It's been lovely spending time with my family for the past two weeks, but it's time to get back to my own life. My father is doing well, as always, with his stubborn attitude. I'm currently rummaging through my suitcase trying to find something to wear when my phone starts ringing. It's Dominic Romano.

Thalia: "Hello, Dominic." I take a deep breath, feeling excited at the sound of his deep Italian accent that always turns me on. It reminds me of George from school, who I've been talking to since coming back home to New York.

Don Dominic Romano: "Good morning, Sugar Pie. How's my little dumpling this morning?" He replies, amusement evident in his voice.

Thalia: I roll my eyes at the pet names, a smile nonetheless tugging at the corners of my mouth. "I'm doing well, Dom. How are you?"

Don Dominic Romano: His chuckle rumbles through the receiver, setting a flutter of something sweet and dangerous in my chest. "I feel much more at ease now that I'm talking to you," he laughs. "I just wanted to give you a heads up that our lunch will have to be pushed back by 30 minutes. Something has come up, and I need to take care of it before we meet. Thanks for being understanding."

Thalia: I assure Dom, "It's not a problem at all. I can meet you at the restaurant, if that's easier for you." But as I glance at the chaotic mess of outfits scattered on my bed, I add, "Although, I do still need to decide on a few more outfits before getting dressed."

Don Dominic Romano: "Ah, Thalia. Always with the fashion dilemmas," he teases, and I can picture him shaking his head with a fond smirk playing on his lips. "Take your time, Bella. Fashion is an art, and you are the artist. I don't need you to meet me at the restaurant. Instead, we will have lunch at my penthouse in the city. My chef will be preparing a delicious meal for us, both for lunch and dinner. So please dress elegantly. I'll see you soon."

I end the call and sigh, tossing the phone back on the bed. I turn my gaze back to the sea of clothes before me, seeking the perfect ensemble that would match Dom's expectations—elegant, artful, something that whispered of class without screaming for attention. My fingers run through silk and chiffon, the textures grounding me in a way that only the tactile can.

I finally settle on a soft, curve-hugging emerald green dress that cascades down to just above the knee, paired with a delicate gold chain belt to accentuate the waist. I choose a pair of nude stilettos, knowing they are both sophisticated and one Dom would love. The ensemble is completed with a light cashmere shawl in case the penthouse's climate leans toward the cooler side.

With my outfit decided, I proceed to the vanity, where an array of beauty products lay neatly lined up like soldiers ready for inspection. My hair, swept up into a loose chignon with a few strategically placed pins, gives off an effortless chic vibe that will hopefully make Dom nod his approval. Makeup is next; I opt for subtle earth tones that enhance my features without overwhelming them. I carefully apply just a touch of mascara to give my lashes definition, a light dusting of blush for a healthy glow on my cheeks, and a subtle brown lipstick that exudes sophistication and complements my brown skin.

At home, I often leave my hair in its natural curly state, allowing it to hang down my back. My curls cascade and frame my face effortlessly. For me, embracing my natural hair is a way of expressing love for myself as an African American woman. I dab on a light, floral perfume, one that I purchased from CHANEL in Italy, which I know would get the attention of any man. Checking myself one last time in the full-length mirror, I feel a sense of satisfaction at the reflection staring back at me.

The green dress hugs my curves in just the right places, and the gold chain belt twinkles subtly in the soft lighting of my room. The nude stilettos elongate my thick legs, giving me the illusion of height and grace. I am ready, or at least, as ready as one can be for an evening that is bound to be filled with critical eyes and whispered judgments.

I grab my cream clutch with a gold clasp, the perfect accessory to hold my essentials for the evening: phone, lipstick, and mints. As I tuck it under my arm, I take a deep breath to calm my nerves. Tonight will be a test of the connection between Dom and I, after our first encounter at the ball. Last night was filled with emotions and anxiety onset, and now I am walking out of my room to face whatever may come. Glancing at my phone, I see that it's already 11:45am; I didn't realize how much time I spent getting ready for this lunch and dinner date with a man twice my age.

As I'm about to head downstairs, my mother's voice, laced with curiosity, rings out. "Thalia! There's an Italian man here for you." A flutter of excitement and nerves hits me. It's Dominic, and I haven't prepared my protective parents for this. Each step I take down the stairs is heavy with anticipation. What will their reaction be? How will this unexpected meeting unfold? Heart pounding, I reach the bottom step, stepping into a moment that could change everything.

Dear Readers,

Welcome to a pivotal moment in our story with "Unexpected Visitor: Tensions and Temptations." In this episode, Thalia's carefully balanced world is about to be shaken as Dominic steps directly into her family sphere. Brace yourselves for a blend of excitement, apprehension, and the thrill of the unknown as Thalia navigates this unexpected twist. Get ready for an episode that promises to be both revealing and transformative, leaving you eager for what's to come. Thank you for joining us on this captivating journey!

Best,

Zapphire Zucca