Episode 59: Don Dominic's Hell Reigns Part 1

Dominic

The following morning, I opened my eyes to the beauty of Florence, my hometown. We could have gone to my penthouse, but we opted for a more discreet option- a hotel that only a few people know I own, including Orlando, Luca, and Vesuvio. It's called Villa Serenella. Deep in the heart of Florence, almost like being out in the countryside, lies a secret I'm grateful I never shared with Esidore.

He was just a young man when he started working for us, and it never seemed important to bring it up. As I look over at my beautiful wife sleeping, her hair splayed across the pillow and her naked body curled around her swollen belly, I am struck by how exhausted she looks. That's why I've instructed our staff to keep a close watch on her, especially Lowie, my trusted hotel manager who is slightly older than me at 55.

I first met him when my father was Don over this region, and now that I hold the title all over the city, Orsino knows better than to question my power. My influence even extends to the police force. While Thalia continues to sleep, I slip into the bathroom and turn on the shower. As the hot water washes away the tension from yesterday's ambush and constant gunshots, my muscles begin to relax. Protecting my wife and unborn daughter is my top priority. Thankfully, none of my men here in Florence would ever betray me...or so I hope.

After trimming up m beard and dressing, I exit the bathroom. Thalia stirs but doesn't open her eyes. I know she heard every word. "My love," I say softly, stroking her cheek gently. "I will need to go out today and have a meeting with my team. We have been preparing for our mission to strike Orsino and Esidore tonight. The staff at this hotel is exceptional, and if you require anything, just ask for Lowie. I have made sure they are ready and available to assist you with whatever you may need."

When she opens her eyes, sleepiness still heavy in them, she whispers, "Dominic... promise me you'll be safe."

"Mia Bella, I promise. Nothing will ever happen to me as long as I have you and our child to protect," I assure her, leaning down to place a tender kiss on her forehead.

I leave our room, I send one last loving glance over my shoulder at the woman who has given me a new lease on life. The woman who has made me want to be a better man than my father ever was. Then, with a heavy heart, I close the door behind me and make my way downstairs to meet with my men. They stand at attention as soon as I enter the conference room, their faces grim but determined. "Gentlemen," I say, taking my place at the head of the table, "tonight we strike at the heart of the snake."

A chorus of agreement fills the air as they all pledge their allegiance to me and our cause. Each one of these men has been handpicked by either myself or my Orlando before me, and they are all prepared to lay down their lives for La Famiglia. Orsino and Esidore had crossed a line by attacking my wife, men, and unborn child. Anyone that is attached to me, something that was unforgivable in our world. No man laid a hand on another man's family without repercussions. Tonight, we would teach them a lesson they would never forget.

"Orsino think he's so clever," grumbles Luca who had taken a seat next to Vesuvio. "He thinks he can just muscle his way into our territory? Over my dead body."

Vesuvio nods in agreement, his cold blue eyes like chips of ice. "

"Tonight we show them who they're dealing with. We show them why the Romano name is feared." I snarl, surveying the room full of men. Deep down, I know they are correct. Tonight is the night we prove to Orsino and Esidore why it's a grave mistake to cross the Romano family. Tonight, we take back what belongs to us.

My Step-daughter and Ex-wife are my top priority, I will not let them escape. I turn to face Orlando, his eyes lock with mine in a silent understanding of what needs to be done. "Orlando, contact Capo Achille and relay the code black message. He knows what it means. Give him the location and tell him to meet us there precisely at 11pm. We will arrive early so we can survey the warehouse before we make our move. And have my cousins pick up Antonella and Micola, taking them directly to the dungeon." I spoke with urgency as I gave out my orders.

My heart ached with betrayal as I thought back to all the moments I shared with Micola. From the day she was born, I was there for her first bike ride and horse ride. I never missed an important event in her life, but this is how she repays me? Screw it all. Before I send her away with nothing, I'll do a DNA test myself.

I turn to Orlando one more time and give him my final orders, "Orlando, make sure the doctor comes to the dungeon in two days. We need a damn DNA test between Micola and me." Their lies and deceit had reached their limit and I was done tolerating it.

My heart aches at the thought of hurting my own daughter but I have no choice. I had to teach her a lesson. After 22 years of caring for the girl, I still cannot be certain if she is truly my daughter. She seems more like her mother than she does like me. If this is all because of Antonella, she will have to pay for every single thing she has put me through. I have a rule against harming women, but that doesn't mean my twin cousins can't teach her a lesson.

I take one last look at my men before leaving the room. The tension in the air is palpable as we prepare for tonight's crucial event. This will determine whether we survive as a family or not. The only person who could bring me comfort in this moment is my wife. I walk out of the conference room and head straight upstairs to our bedroom, needing a moment alone to collect myself.

I enter the room, I see my wife sitting at the table eating breakfast. She is wearing a beautiful maternity dress that I had bought for her. A smile spreads across my face and I can't help but feel happy. I walk towards her, close the door behind me, and sit down at the table. It's only 10:30am and she has already prepared a plate of food for me. She knows exactly what I need without me having to say anything.

We eat in silence, but her presence brings me peace and comfort. After breakfast, I walk out onto our balcony and light a cigar. The view of the ocean is breathtaking. As I lean over the balcony, I feel her soft arms wrap around me from behind. It's exactly what I needed - her touch. I extinguish my cigar and turn to face her, pulling her tightly against my chest before kissing her deeply.

She whispers sweet words of reassurance, reminding me that although Orsino, Esidore, Antonella, and Micola may have won the last round, I will ultimately win the battle. She urges me to do whatever it takes, knowing that I am a don in the mafia world. She apologize for constantly asking questions about my mafia life, but she is here to provide me with peace and love.

In that moment, I realize that I must put an end to my ex-wife's life for all the years of pain she caused me. The fact that she claimed Micola as my child when she may not be also adds to my anger towards her. However, I will need a DNA test to confirm this. While I typically do not harm women, this bitch and her new husband tried to kill me and my family, so she must die too.

If Micola is not my child, I will ensure she has enough money to live comfortably without having to work. As I steel myself for what's to come, I realize there's only one way to find out the truth—and once the test results are in, nothing will ever be the same.

Dear Reader,

As we come to the final episodes, things heat up like never before. The tension is palpable, and our protagonist's journey takes unforeseen turns. Prepare yourself for intense twists, dramatic confrontations, and shocking revelations that will leave you on the edge of your seat.

Thank you for your unwavering support and for being part of this thrilling adventure. The climax is just around the corner, and it promises to be an unforgettable ride. Stay tuned and enjoy every moment!

Happy Reading!

Zapphire Zucca