Episode 39: Fatherhood Renewed: Dominic's Unexpected Journey

Dominic's POV

The following week was challenging as I had just learned that my girlfriend was pregnant. Now, I am standing at my daughter's front door, hoping she will open it for me. She stormed out of Thalia's apartment when we told her that we were together. I really don't understand why she is upset, I mean at least I am now happy.

"Micola Romano, open this door right now before I have Orlando kick it in," I shouted, not caring if she had neighbors. It was only 10am, but I needed to speak with her urgently.

Finally, the door unlocked and opened. "Dad, what the hell do you want? And why are you banging on my door like you're the police?" she asked, rolling her eyes at me as she let me in.

I stepped into her apartment, which still looked just as beautiful as the day I bought it. She had always had an eye for decorating, just like her mother. "I'm sorry I barged in like that but, sweetheart, we need to talk," I apologized before she could close the door on me.

Micola gestured for me to have a seat on the couch, she prepared two cups of coffee and joined me. "What do you want to talk about, Dad?" she asked bluntly, not even looking at me.

Taking a deep breath, I dived in headfirst. "I know this is going to be hard for you to swallow, but I am...." I started to speak but she cut me off.

"Dad, I was aware that you were seeing Thalia. I just wasn't sure how serious things were between you two. But while we're on the topic, there's something important I need to tell you," she said, her voice laced with anger and a feeling of being let down. Her eyes burned with pain and a sense of being deceived.

I settled onto the couch, bracing myself for whatever conversation my daughter wanted to have. I was nervous, but I knew she needed me. Taking a deep breath, she finally said it: "Dad, I'm three months pregnant." Her words hung in the air between us.

The revelation slammed into me with the force of a boulder, leaving me speechless. There was only one explanation for this... "Fuck?" I couldn't even bring myself to finish the question as my mind raced through all the potential culprits. Damn it, I had no idea she was seeing anyone. "Who's the father?"

"It's Gabriele," she said in a quiet voice, looking down at her trembling hands. "I'm sorry, Dad. It wasn't supposed to turn out like this."

I couldn't believe it. Was she talking about that worthless excuse for a person, 'Gabriele Pesci'? If so, I was at a loss for words. My heart broke for my daughter in that moment, and I pulled her into a hug.

"I'm sorry, Baby girl. I didn't know you were seeing him. I thought you were smarter than that." Micola started to cry, and I held her tighter. I couldn't imagine what she must have been going through, alone and pregnant with that bastard's child.

"We're going to get through this together, I promise," My mind was already coming up with schemes to ensure that guy took responsibility for her and their baby. He was dirt poor, and it pissed me off. How could my girl choose such a clueless idiot? He couldn't even tell his ass from his dick.

"Thanks, Dad. I-I don't know what I'd do without you."

"You don't have to go through this alone," I reassured her, stroking her hair. "We'll figure it out together, alright?" I asked, my voice shaking slightly. "Does Gabriele know about the baby? He better fucking know about this."Gabriele takes after his father, who was also a stupid fuck. The only difference is that Gabriele is just a young, ignorant fool. I had to teach him a lesson two days ago. Maybe my actions knocked some sense into his idiotic mind.

Micola, still sniffling, wiped her eyes with a tissue and shook her head. "I haven't told him yet. I wanted to talk to you first, Dad. I was scared of how you'd react."

A deep sigh escaped my lips, my heart heavy with both worry and frustration. "I wish you came to me sooner, sweetheart. You know I'll always be here for you, right? I know we've had our struggles over the years, but that's what fathers are for. Your mother seems to think I don't spend enough time with you, but I disagree."

She nodded, her face red and blotchy from crying. "I know, Dad. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, sweetheart. We'll deal with this together, okay?" I said, giving her a reassuring smile. "First things first, we need to tell your mother."

Micola groaned and buried her face in her hands. "I'm dreading that conversation."

I tried to sound confident as I reassured her, "We'll take things one step at a time. First, you need to rest and then we can have a nice dinner together. In a few days, we can tell your mom about everything. But before that, you should have a conversation with Gabriele." There was one more thing I needed to mention, "Oh, by the way sweetie, Thalia and I are expecting a baby too."

I cringed at my own words, not knowing how she would react to this news. Honestly, her response didn't matter much to me. My love for her was worth the risk, no matter what she chose to do or say.

Dear Readers,

In this chapter, we witnessed Dominic's journey as he navigated the unexpected twists and turns of fatherhood. From the revelation of his daughter's pregnancy to the anticipation of becoming a father once again himself, Dominic's life took a new direction filled with challenges and emotional moments. As he faced the complexities of family dynamics and unexpected news, Dominic showed resilience and love, proving that fatherhood knows no bounds.

However, unbeknownst to Dominic, danger and revenge lurk just around the corner, ready to knock on his doorstep. Stay tuned for the next installment as Dominic's journey continues to unfold, bringing with it unforeseen challenges and gripping suspense.

Happy reading!

Zapphire