Episode 56: Betrayal of Trust Part 2

Dominic

As we flew down the highway, I relaxed into the luxurious leather seat, my mind buzzing with ideas and strategies. The breeze whipped through the slightly ajar window, tangling my hair as if trying to mirror the chaos inside of me.

I mustered up every ounce of nerve I had and spoke, my voice trembling with a mix of worry and anger. "Vesuvio," I said firmly, "we're headed to the Greyson Mansion." The Greyson Mansion was an old, abandoned estate on the outskirts of town. It held secrets and memories of a time long gone, but tonight it would serve as our refuge.

This was the spot where my father would gather with Mr. Greyson, who has since passed away, to regroup and strategize. He would share advice and guidance for my father and his men. Mr. Greyson warned me that when I took over as don, I must always keep a watchful eye and never let my guard down. He also cautioned against prioritizing the mafia above finding love.

Orlando turned to face me from the passenger seat, his eyes filled with concern. "Are you sure about this, boss? The Greyson Mansion hasn't been inhabited for years. It could be crawling with rats or worse."

I chuckled softly, appreciating Orlando's skepticism. He always played the devil's advocate, keeping me grounded when my ambitions soared too high. "Trust me, Orlando," I reassured him, my gaze meeting his unwaveringly. "If there's one place they wouldn't think to look for us, it's there."

Luca, always observant in the back seat, interrupted with his soft voice. "Boss, what about Esidore? Why would he betray us like that? We have been through so much together, fought in countless battles, and now that motherfucker betrays us all."

"Wait, Dom, Esidore is the traitor?" She asked. I couldn't keep anything from her; she's my true ride or die.

"Yes sweetheart, it was him and one of my soldiers. I can't tell you everything right now, but there are some things I can share. These three men here are the only ones I trust at the moment." I replied, feeling hurt that one of my closest friends could turn on us like this.

"Don't worry baby, I'll stand by your side. I may be pregnant, but I know how to handle a gun. My father made sure of it." She said proudly.

"No wife of mine will be shooting a gun, especially not when she's pregnant." We all laughed, but I gazed out the window as the sun rose in the early morning. This place used to be my sanctuary, my home; now we're being chased around it. We just need to find somewhere to regroup and rest.

"In case you were wondering, Orlando, The Greyson Mansion does have staff. I made sure of it." I chuckled. Everyone in the truck joined in on the laughter. We'll get through this, I know we will.

A heavy sigh escaped my lips as I pondered the question. Esidore had always been one step ahead of me, an adversary whose cunning matched my own. He had discovered my vulnerabilities, one of them being my love for Thalia. Perhaps I have been losing my grip a little, or maybe not. As soon as I uncover how long this traitor has been collaborating with Orsino, he won't stand a chance.

"Orlando, have one of the Captains strain that motherfucker Ameriko. Lock him up in our jail cells," I snarled. "As soon as we're back in New York, we'll take care of that treacherous traitor. But before we leave Italy, both Orsino and Esidore will meet their end, along with anyone else who stands with them. Orlando, have the following men board my private jet and fly to Italy -we'll need more manpower for this. I want Aad, Belvider, Isacco, Scirocco, Terzo, Pracla, Meconi, Solanio, Tino, Mazzi and bring Calogero as well. Make sure they understand the importance of keeping this mission confidential."

"Yes, Don." Orlando responded, making the calls.Vesuvio was behind the wheel, and we had a 4-hour drive ahead of us to get to the mansion. I sent a text message to my staff there, including Flavia, who was my father's trusted assistant, and his wife Donna. Both of them resided in the mansion, which I financially support to keep it maintained.

I looked at my love and said, "Darling, I need to leave you in the mansion with Donna and Flavia. They were my father's most trusted staff members. I'll show you where the panic room is inside the house, just in case we ever come under attack. It will be safer for you there, and I trust my staff completely." I said this with a reassuring smile, trying to comfort Thalia as she prepared to stay behind while I was away.

"When are you departing, Dom?" she inquired. I inhaled deeply and drew her into my embrace.

"Don't worry, baby. It won't be for another few days or possibly a week. We must plan everything meticulously to ensure it goes off without a hitch."

The Maybach glided through the dimly lit streets, the only sound accompanying our conversation being the low hum of the engine. I glanced out at the city passing by, its lights twinkling like distant stars, and wondered how everything had gotten so complicated.

Vesuvio broke the silence, his voice filled with determination. "Boss, we'll get through this. We've faced worse challenges before."

A small smile tugged at the corner of my lips. Vesuvio was right. We had overcome countless obstacles together, forging a brotherhood that went beyond blood. And as long as we stood united, there was nothing we couldn't conquer. As the Greyson Mansion loomed in the distance, its weathered facade a stark contrast against the night sky, I felt a surge of anticipation coursing through my veins. This would be our sanctuary, a haven where we could regroup and plan our next move.

"Alright, everyone," I declared, my voice filled with resolve. "Once we're inside, we'll fortify our position and make sure no one gets in or out without our knowledge. Esidore may have underestimated us this time, but he won't make that mistake twice."

My loyal companions nodded in agreement as we pulled up to the mansion's grand entrance. The Maybach came to a stop, its engine purring softly before falling silent. With each step towards the mansion's imposing doors, I knew that this was just the beginning of a battle that would test us to our very limits.

But I also knew that with my trusted allies by my side and the strength of our bond, we were destined for victory. In this dark and treacherous game, where trust was scarce and danger lurked around every corner, it was our unyielding loyalty and unwavering determination that would guide us through. And so, with resolute hearts and steel in our eyes, we stepped into the Greyson Mansion, ready to face whatever fate had in store for us next.

Reader's Note,

Brace yourself for an epic showdown of loyalty and courage. As our protagonists stand on the brink of a perilous battle, their unwavering resolve and unbreakable bond promise an unforgettable journey ahead. Prepare to be gripped by the suspense as they step into the heart of danger at Greyson Mansion.

Happy Reading!

Zapphire