Episode 58: This must end!

Thalia

As I stood in the kitchen with Donna and Flavia, reminiscing about Dom's childhood and snacking on cheese, a loud noise suddenly blared out like an alarm. My feet felt glued to the floor as I had no idea what to do. "Thalia, come follow me," Donna yelled urgently. Without hesitation, I ran after her. Before I could fully process the situation, Flavia appeared with a bulletproof vest and a double-barreled shotgun from the pantry.

"Dear Thalia, let's go," Donna urged, pulling me towards a closet in the hallway. She pressed some numbers on a keypad that fell out of the door, and we rushed inside before it closed behind us. It was a small room, but it seemed to be a studio apartment. Confused and scared, I looked at Donna as she grabbed another bulletproof vest and handed it to me.

I understood that we were in trouble, and my mind immediately went to my husband and his men. Will they come back for me and our baby? "Thalia, sit down and relax dear. This panic room is completely secure; no one knows about it except for us," Donna reassured me. Nodding my head, I sat down on the couch in the room.

She locked the door behind us, and we sat in silence as the noise outside grew louder. My heart pounded loudly in my ears, and I couldn't breathe.

Amidst the quietness, Donna gently asked, "Thalia, how are you holding up? I know it's a frightening situation, but we'll get through it together."

Once again, we sat in silence, and fear crept over me as I prayed that my husband and his team were safe. Suddenly, it felt like hours had passed before the commotion stopped, and Donna stood up to check if it was safe outside. "I think it's clear now," she whispered, unlocking the door.

We stepped out of the panic room, Flavia handed us two glasses of water. "Drink this, it will help," she said firmly. My hands trembling, I drank the entire glass in one gulp. I needed answers about what just happened and about my own husband.

Dominic

Confusion flooded my mind. My men were going down, and I didn't understand why. Orlando was running for cover, shooting at the attackers as he went. I could see four of them left, but suddenly there were gunshots coming from above us. I glanced up to see Aad on the roof of the mansion. Who knew he was a skilled sniper? But in this chaotic moment, it didn't matter.

The other men all collapsed, leaving only one alive and writhing on the ground. I picked myself up and approached him, looming over the man who was screaming in agony. My comrades, Orlando, Luca, and Vesuvio, joined me by his side. I placed my boot firmly against his chest and glared down at him, my gun aimed directly at his face.

"Who the fuck do you work for?" I yelled at him.

He was bleeding and gasping for air. "Orsino Corsetti," he choked out.

"How did he find us?" I shouted, still waiting for an answer.

"Esidore, the guard who betrayed you and he planted a tracker on your SUV before he left your safe house. That's how we were able to find you." He winced in agony.

Rage surged through my veins, fueled by the realization that Orsino had outsmarted us every step of the way. I turned to Orlando and barked out orders for the trucks to be searched immediately, determined to find those trackers and end this game of cat and mouse. Orlando nodded and barked out orders in Italian to his men before storming off to carry out my command.

Turning back to the injured man on the ground, I seethed with frustration. "Where are Orsino and Esidore now? You idiot," I spat at him. I was done playing games; all I wanted was for my wife and baby to be safe.

He spat out a mouthful of blood before declaring, "I swear, they're in Florence at your ex-wife's place. Her and Orsino are officially hitched." He cackled loudly, seemingly enjoying himself. "You've got more pressing concerns, Don Dominic."