Episode 41: Reckoning in Monaco

Dominic's POV

Three excruciatingly long weeks my guys have been busting their asses trying to confirm if the damn money was actually stashed away in that German bank account like Cadenza claimed. That conniving witch is a goddamn snake, I swear I could wring her neck. And to add insult to injury, my precious original artworks have been peddled on the underground market. She's playing with fire now. Back in the Big Apple, in the confines of my office, buried under paperwork, my phone decides to ring.

I picked up the phone, I heard a familiar voice on the other end. It was Luca, one of my most trusted associates. "Dominic, we've got some news on Cadenza's whereabouts," he said urgently.

My heart raced at the mention of her name. "What have you found out?" I demanded, my voice sharp with anger.

"We've tracked her down to an upscale hotel in Monaco. Seems like she's living it up with our stolen cash," Luca replied, his tone filled with disdain.

A surge of rage coursed through me as I clenched my fists. "Tell the team to gear up. We're paying Cadenza a little visit," I ordered, my jaw set in determination.

Luca's voice crackled with anticipation. "Consider it done, boss. We'll make sure she regrets ever crossing you."

I hung up the phone, my mind already racing with plans for retribution. Cadenza had no idea what was coming for her. I had her locked up before, her and her father, but I gave her mercy because she could at least tell me the truth about my money and paintings. But this conniving artist is all about wealth; she'd sell her soul for a dollar.

I paced back and forth in my office, my mind filled with thoughts of revenge, I heard a knock on the door. Without waiting for a response, Luca entered, his eyes steely with determination. "Dominic, our team is ready to move out," Luca reported, his voice low but resolute. "We've got the location of Cadenza, and we're prepared to confront her."

I nodded curtly, acknowledging his update. "Good. Make sure everyone knows that we're not leaving until we have what's rightfully mine back in our possession," I growled, my fists clenching once more.

Luca's gaze hardened as he spoke up, "She won't know what hit her when we storm in there, boss. She's played with fire for too long."

I shot him a sharp look, my eyes flashing with intensity. "And she's about to get burned," I declared, a predatory gleam in my eyes. "This ends now. We're bringing her down."

Luca's expression mirrored my determination as he replied, "Consider it done, Dominic. We'll show her the consequences of crossing you."

With a final nod of agreement between us, Luca turned to leave the office, ready to lead our team into action against Cadenza. The time for reckoning had arrived, and I was ready to make sure she paid dearly for her treachery.

Luca walked towards the door to leave, I took a moment to gather my thoughts. My mind was consumed with visions of confronting Cadenza, of finally putting an end to her deceitful games. But amidst the fire that burned within me, a small voice of reason whispered in the back of my mind.

I sat back at my desk, a sense of unease creeping in. "Luca," I called out before he could fully exit the room. He turned back, his expression questioning. "Remind the team to proceed with caution. Cadenza may be cunning, but she's also desperate now that we're closing in on her," I cautioned, my tone firm.

Luca nodded in understanding. "Understood, Dominic. We won't underestimate her." His promise resonated with a sense of loyalty that I valued deeply.

I leaned forward, my gaze fixed on the details of our upcoming mission. "And ensure that our surveillance is tight. I want eyes on her every move before we make our move," I instructed, emphasizing the importance of meticulous planning in our pursuit of justice.

Luca's resolve shone through as he responded, "Consider it done, boss. We'll keep her under close watch until the moment is right."

With a final nod between us, Luca exited the office once more, his steps echoing determination and readiness for the task ahead. As solitude enveloped me once again, I knew that the time for confrontation was drawing near. Cadenza's days of deceit were numbered, and I was determined to see justice served no matter what it took.

Dear Readers,

Get ready for a pulse-pounding episode as Dominic's pursuit of justice reaches its boiling point in Monaco. With tension mounting and stakes higher than ever, prepare for a showdown that will leave you on the edge of your seat. Keep your eyes peeled for twists and turns as the hunt for Cadenza reaches its climax. Stay tuned for the next thrilling installment!

Best regards,

Zapphire