PART 55

LISA'S POV

Ever since that day, ever since the words of Jonghyun came out of his mouth, the rhythm of his voice kept ringing in my head, it didn't fade like what I'm trying to do this past days. Fuck, why am I being so anxious when I know that it wasn't true? It's just his tactic to loosen my mind and try to distract me from my future plans. And fuck, it seemed effective. If he's still alive, I'm sure he's laughing immensely at my current state now.

"Lisa, calm down. The result will be negative. Don't worry." Jisoo tapped my shoulder to calm me down. And I hope she could give me her confidence too.

"I can't help it. I've been dealing with so many conflicting emotions, and I'm starting to feel like I don't know how to deal with it." I sighed for the nth time, hoping my blood still circulates normally on my body after everything.

"You're overthinking too much. Uncle Reynolds and Aunt Chaerin would never do that." Rosé talked, sitting beside Jennie.

Right. Anyway, it's Jonghyun. He's my enemy. He'll make up some stories to help him succeed in this chaos and plan accordingly. Don't believe your enemies' words. Their remarks are filled with fallacies that will influence how you act and think. It's a strategy to keep you emotionally attached.

There's no need for me to feel anxious. We're in a complicated situation anyway. Everything will be fucked up.

Rosé and Jisoo helped me overcome my anxiousness while I waited for Seulgi and Irene. They volunteered to get the DNA results, and of course, I sent my agents to protect them. I can't allow that thing to control me again. And I'm hoping I can solve everything now before Jennie wakes up. I want her to feel protected and comfortable. We're in a trying time, and I don't want her to feel any worse.

After hours of conversing about pointless stuff, the two arrived. We sat on the couch while they waited for me to open the brown envelope. I mean, the outcome will be negative, right? Why are we acting as if we don't know the result?

Alright. Here we go.

I looked at everyone as I opened the envelope, knowing that the outcome would be negative. I smiled, just like they did. I wanted to make it more exciting for them by tricking them with the outcome, but I know they'd smack the heck out of me if I did that. So, before focusing my gaze on the paper I was currently holding, I gave them a reassuring glance. A claim that following this, our full attention would be on annihilating my final remaining enemy, Jiwon.

It is a flowery world but full of torn. Everything's unpredictable, isn't it?

Why? It's because I contend that the world we live in is filled with incessant lies and deception. Constant pain that drains your emotions and crushes your soul into the depths of black abyss. Am I experiencing endless pain? Fuck. I feel like dying. Why? Why is this happening? Why did this happen?

My emotions had been stretched so thin. Pain is taking pleasure in my suffering. My eyes were burning, but a weep of tears squashed it down. My hands were trembling, but my veins were trying not to explode in anger. Deep within me, the coldness was like a smouldering fire. 

It was positive.

The result was positive.

Jennie—

Jennie is my step-sister.

No. I can't accept this! Fuck this nonsense!

"Hey, what's taking you so long? We all know that the result is negative. Right?" Jisoo chuckled, but I didn't show a sign of relief. Their smiles and chuckles died down after measuring how my state.

Jisoo went beside me, snatching the paper in my hands. I couldn't even get myself to talk. I felt like I was a statue sitting down. I don't know. I don't know if I could take any more pain.