Disguise 22: The Chess Pieces

Rich Kid in Disguise

The Chess Pieces

Disguise 22

-Penelope's POV-

It's been five days since Kevin turned 18.

The last days of classes before winter break comes along.

I closed my locker as I sighed. Even the heater didn't comfort me against the cold. I wrapped my arms properly around my books, cocooning them with my coat.

"Good morning."

I jumped, dropping the books in my hand on the way. I glared at the person behind me, widening my eyes when I just saw who it was.

He frowned as he made his move to pick up my books, heightening my doubt even more. I reached out to get my books, but he raised his hand so that I couldn't get it.

"Jeremy," I warned as I tried to snatch it away from him despite the height gap. "Give them back to me."

"And let you drop it again?" Jeremy inquired. I rolled my eyes. "I'll carry it on the way. Come on."

I raised my eyebrow, surprised at what he just said. He held my hand, and kind of forced me to walk with him. He lowered his hand carrying my books now, but I didn't bother to get it since I knew he gripped it tightly. I huffed.

"You do know that my class is farther from where yours is, right?" I queried. He nodded, a smile on his lips. I squinted my eyes, only to see it gone.

I probably imagined it.

I stared at our entangled hands, and looked around. Surely enough, we've caught attention, but Jeremy didn't really seem to mind.

Without thinking, I pinched his cheek. He yelped, of course, before looking at me questioningly.

"What are you doing?"

"I should be the one asking you that," I replied as I continued to roam my hands on his face to prove any differences. "Are you really Jeremy?"

He silenced as he looked at me with an intense gaze. Then he suddenly burst out laughing.

I just stared at him, unable to comprehend the right feeling I should have right now.

When his laughter didn't seem to cease, I huffed in annoyance. He began wheezing as he clutched his stomach, allowing me the opportunity to hit his head.

"Ow," He complained in between laughter. I glared at him. "What was that for?"

"What was that for?" I echoed his question, emphasizing another subject. He raised an eyebrow. I sighed.

"You know what? I don't have time for this," I grumbled as I took a step far from him, clearly attempting to leave him alone. "See you later, Fordy."

He's going to stand there like an idiot he is, I thought with a huff. And I won't even give him a sympathetic loo-

I gasped when someone grabbed my hand and pulled me back, my back hitting against a solid figure. I blinked, not quite believing that it actually scared the heck out of me.

I was brought back to reality when I heard a chuckle. My shock slowly dissipated to an irritation for his mere being, my changing mood calming my erratic heart.