Disguise 21: The Trepidation

Rich Kid in Disguise

The Trepidation

Disguise 21

-Penelope's POV-

I never imagined that I'd be the type of person to visit a friend who lives farther away in the middle of midnight where the temperature's freezing enough that would put North Pole to shame.

Okay, so maybe that was exaggerated, but you can't blame me for waiting for almost half an hour under the chilly weather because no vehicle was in sight.

"Penny?"

I looked up, meeting the worried gaze of a very familiar person. I gripped my sweater tighter, hissing as I waited for him to invite me in.

"I-I c-can go b-back to w-where I came f-fr-from." I stammered, my teeth clattering against each other harshly. He blinked multiple times before inviting me in.

The moment he shut the door behind me, I let the warmth of the house engulf my frail freezing body. Too weak to move, my legs gave out as I breathed heavily.

"I thought I was going to die out there," I sighed, smiling in relief as I felt my senses come alive. "You took your time, by the way."

"Who exactly in their right mind will stay out in this weather?" Axel seethed, making me raise my hand.

"That'd be me."

"Don't take this lightly!" He reprimanded. "It's still you're first time in New York, remember that!"

"Don't you think you're telling me old news?" I joked, pulling out my coat before handing it over to him. He begrudgingly grabbed it from my grasp before hanging it on the coat rack. I patted his shoulder, smiling lightly. "Now that wasn't so hard, was it?"

"How did you know where I live?"

"Sheesh, stop asking, will you?" I waved him off, walking towards the living room and lying down the couch. I sighed in appreciation. "This feels good."

"I'd stop asking when you answer," He said with finality, lifting my legs so that he could sit. He placed my legs on his lap, staring at me with intensity. I frowned, suddenly having cold feet about telling him. He'd go berserk about finding that guy, I'm sure. He raised his eyebrows. "Well?"

"I ambushed Natalia and threatened her with certain things," I admitted, pouting. He looked like he was about to ask what they were so I beat his chances. "I'm not telling you what they are, so don't use that look or whatever."

He scrunched his eyebrows, touching his face. "What look?"

I groaned, sitting up to slap him lightly. "Do you think your eyes have that magical power to let you see what you look like?" I asked, glaring at him for his stupidity. "Try a mirror, it's popular nowadays."

He rolled his eyes, rubbing his slapped cheek. I only stuck my tongue out as a response. "For the love of God, tell me what they are!"

"I have a knack of selfishly keeping my trump cards to everyone from everyone, thank you very much."

"What?"

"Che idiota!" I remarked harshly in Italian, rolling my eyes as I groaned exasperatingly. "Do I really have to spell it out for you?"

"No, I was just practicing." He sarcastically responded. I snorted.

"Practice somewhere else."

"This is my place, Pen."