Disguise 33: The Unneeded Guest

Rich Kid in Disguise

The Unneeded Guest

Disguise 33

The timing was too perfect.

After having Tiffany abducted by his closest friends mere hours ago, he showed up.

Haven't his besties started telling him whatever trashy thing they could make up to ruin Penelope in his eyes? Why did he show up now, late at night, out of all times? Why was he here?

Natalia bit her lip in frustration over the suddenness of the new situation's appearance. This was all so confusing. It wasn't adding up to her deductions. Just when thought it was over, someone pops out of his nest and puts the events back in a constricted and suffocating spot.

He wasn't supposed to be here, and it's even awfully suspicious that he came here at this time of night.

A warm hand held her shoulder. It almost felt like that simple of a touch sucked in all of the negative emotions that slowly bubbled up inside her. Almost, but it wasn't enough. Her blue eyes glanced at the hand's owner, who only provided a small smile which was Natalia hoped was one of comfort and a look that said I'll handle this, before sighing internally.

It wasn't as if she could disobey Axel anyway.

"I brought desserts." The visitor announced as he raised his arms holding numerous paper bags.

That sentence didn't even help lift the atmosphere, Natalia thought sourly as she fought the urge to scowl at the man.

Jeremy attempted to smile at the two people in front of him while continuing to raise the bags, obviously waiting for some sort of acknowledgement from the silent duo. Even from her current distance, she could already tell that the bags contained sweets, lots of them.

Natalia's fingers suddenly itched to mark her forehead with a very painful slap. Instead, she diverted her anger from her forehead by running her fingers through her blonde hair.

God, just how could this guy be so irritatingly caring with a ton of infuriating obliviousness?

Her eyes closed, mouth slightly opening to take deep breaths, before taking in the sight of the Ford prince. He looked perfect, sickeningly so, as usual. He wore a blue sweater and denim jeans beneath his parka; an outfit pattern she noticed was his favorite when he got too lazy to dress up. If there was anything that bothered her about him today, it was his eyes and the state of his hair

His brown eyes twinkled with a mixture that Natalia never really saw before. He didn't exactly meet Axel's eyes either, as if there was some sort of... thing that disabled him to do so. Moreover, his brown hair is disheveled to the point where it was apparent that he messed it up more than he usually did when the anxiety filled him.

So he was hesitating over coming here, Natalia mused after studying the awkward stature of Jeremy raising his hands like an idiot she liked to wish he is. However, he wanted an excuse to come so he brought some pastries.

"Oh God." This was why.

Natalia's fingers reached for Axel's shirt and tugged lightly. When their eyes met, both shared a look Jeremy could barely recognize before Natalia cleared her throat and smiled brightly at the oblivious visitor.

Jeremy Ford is terribly lovesick. To the very brink of stupidity.

Her feet walked until she was near the New York prince, widening her lips to make a grin of gratitude. "Thanks, but you shouldn't have." Jeremy shrugged as she took the paper bags from him and returned to the counter to place them. Soon she became preoccupied with the task of searching the cupboard for some plates. Axel, however, stayed still in his position, his eyes narrowed into a glare that made Natalia shudder in fear. Jeremy, as expected, didn't notice this.