Disguise 31: The Final Choice

Rich Kid in Disguise

The Final Choice

Disguise 31

-Penelope's POV-

"You really are a masochist."

Natalia's statement made me laugh. "I guess so."

She rolled her eyes, but chose not to say anything else. We were finally driving back home, or at least, back to her condominium. Luck sided with us somehow that snow wasn't that much of an issue on the roads.

If anyone would like to believe that all that hell- from the sleepover to the abduction- happened within a week, please raise your hand.

"But seriously," She continued with an exasperated sigh. I kept my gaze locked onto the buildings we passed by, and it made me interested enough. "Did you really have to agree?"

I'm pretty sure she won't drop this subject anytime soon. "I didn't have to. It was just a slip of my tongue."

Before I knew it, my head collided with the dashboard. It was then that I realized that Natalia pressed the brakes of the car really hard. That hurt. "A slip of your tongue? Are you kidding me?"

I rubbed my forehead, the pain multiplying tenfold when both my arms and forehead stung at once. I couldn't help but glare at the blonde driver who began to run the car again.

"I'm not," I hissed silently as I continued to soothe the pain. "It's just..." I trailed off, gulping the lump in my throat when Natalia glared at me for a full second before returning her attention on the road again. It was clearly a threat for me not to say anything that would blow off her fuse. "So maybe that was reckless of me."

"Maybe?"

"That was entirely reckless of me, okay?" I corrected. She expected a decent reason, but I wasn't even sure if I could hand that to her.

Natalia pursed her lips, as if she was contemplating something complex. Moments of silence passed after that, and so I decided to divert my interest back to the buildings outside again.

"Geez." She sighed out of exhaustion. "I feel like I'm running out of insults to call you."

I raised an eyebrow, yet chose not to react. This woman...

"That wasn't a compliment, by the way." I know that already. "It's just that I'm confused if you were stupid or masochistic."

I suddenly felt like releasing my inner atomic bomb named rage right then and there.

I gritted my teeth. "Why thank you." My sarcastic drive was on a roll. Each and every word was overflowing of that sarcasm. "I see that your tactless mouth still never changes, huh?"

I heard Natalia snort proudly. "It's one of my charming tra-"

"I can also see why you have a hard time attracting boys in the first place."

My head hits the dashboard again, this time with much more force. I groaned, and the car started moving again.

Why didn't anyone revoke her driver's license yet?

"Shut up, you stupid NBSB masochist."

"So you combine both of them and add another, huh?" I mumbled, my eyes twitching lightly. "How oddly nice of you, Coulson. I hope that I could tape that mouth soon."