Disguise 7: The Smell of War

Rich Kid in Disguise

The Smell of War

Disguise 7

-Penelope's POV-

If only I could take that stupid smirk, I thought as I looked at the royal table warily.

I was here, standing beside it. Axel was beside me, Natalia already seated with a scowl on her face.

"Welcome to the royalty, migliore amico." Axel grinned as he spoke his line that I had to roll my eyes and snort.

"Sure." I mumbled. He frowned.

"Cheer up, P-Tiff. It is not like you are dying or something." Axel assured me.

If looks could kill, Selly, almost.

I caught a glimpse of Kevin eyeing us with an amused expression. I decided to sit down beside Axel and across Natalia.

"Okay," Natalia started awkwardly. "Welcome to the royal table." She chirped, clapping her hands.

"Where was she when the world died?" Axel whispered to me in disbelief as I bit my lip to hide my smile.

Natalia rolled her eyes and pointed at the other brunette on the table. "Tiffany, meet Melissa Brooks. Melanie, meet-"

"Tiffany Williams," Melissa interrupted, nodding. "Met her." She added, popping a grape in her mouth.

"Yup." I agreed, nodding in agreement. Natalia turned to Kevin and opened her mouth to speak, but Kevin beat her to it.

"Tiffany Williams, my seatmate." Kevin said. Natalia massaged her temples.

"Where was I when everybody else found you?" Axel muttered under his breath, scowling. I smirked and pointed to Natalia.

"You were with Natalia." I humored, watching his eyes turn into slits.

"Not funny."

"I was serious anyway." I countered, smiling deviously as he rolled his eyes. I sniggered.

"We're down to the last one." Natalia told me, grinning. "Well, we're five royalties, now six because of you."

I gave her a blank look, blowing the hair out of my face. "Was that the time I felt special?"

"You are really helping," Natalia groaned, palming her face. I smiled innocently.

"Nat, don't even bother." I told her honestly, because I knew every single one of them.

"Just this one." Natalia promised, pointing to the brute.

"Tiffany, meet Jeremy Ford. The New York Prince." Natalia told me. I widened my eyes in horror.

Shit.

How am I supposed to face him? I mean, I am pretty pale for someone from California but this is different.

Not to mention I am unprepared.

"Jeremy, meet Tiffany Williams. My new flatmate."

"What?" They echoed in unison, Kevin choking on his saliva.

"She is." Natalia confirmed, crossing her arms. Brute recovered first, looking briefly at me.