Disguise 24: The Sleepover

Rich Kid in Disguise

The Sleepover

Disguise 24

-Penelope's POV-

"Are you sure about this?"

I rolled my eyes at the statement. It has been Natalia's ulterior motive to stop me from packing my things, which by the way, wasn't clearly happening.

"I am sure of it, Nat. Nothing can change my decision otherwise." I said as I walk to my en suite bathroom, my eyes glancing at the mirror who completely reflected a girl with her brown hair in a messy bun, and her clothes mismatched in leggings and an oversized sweater.

Can someone tell me how I got the title 'California's Prettiest Bachelorette' again?

I groaned as I walked over the sink, splashing water on my face.

"What if you forget something important here? Like, your tampons or whatever?" Natalia exclaimed as I enter my bedroom again. She was comfortably plopping herself on my bed, her eyes sweeping over me as I notice her fight a cringe. Not that I actually care, of course. "Because you do know I'm not gonna be all Katniss Everdeen and send you your things there."

"Then I'll ask from Axel," I said nonchalantly as I resumed packing. Upon seeing the look on Natalia's face, I chuckled lightly. "Gosh, Ms. Axel-is-solely-mine, I was kidding. Now stop looking like you ate a rotten egg."

"What?" She asked, as if trying to hide the fact. "I was actually thinking about how gross you two are with your whole best friend sharing."

I nodded with a teasing grin thrown at her. "Oh, of course. We share all the time. Any problem?" I inquired as I tilted my head in wonder. She slapped her forehead, shaking her head profusely. I shrugged at her response. "Suit yourself."

The sound of the doorbell echoed through the hall, and I took it as a cue to pick up my stuffed duffle bag. I patted Natalia's shoulder, smiling sweetly to her. "That must be Axel. See you two days from now, Nat."

"You'd regret going with Axel, trust me."

"We'll see about that, Natty." I said, walking out of my door and into the living room. I dropped my bag, fixing my hair into a ponytail. The doorbell rang again, and I finished tying my hair. I walked to the door, turning the knob to open it.

"Axel, you're exactly twenty minute-"

"Where are you heading?" Another masculine voice cut me off, the door revealing three people I'd least expected to come. I rolled my eyes, silently cursing Natalia.

"Natalia, your guests are here!" I called out, opening the door wide enough for them to pass. Kevin flashed me a thumbs up, Melissa giving me a hug before entering the condominium. Stepping out of the way, I grabbed my phone from my pocket before messaging Axel.

Fetch me asap, Selly.

"Nice sweater."

I glanced up, stuffing my phone back before flashing him a lazy smile. "Really?"

He raised his eyebrows, and I rolled my eyes before fetching my bag again. Natalia emerged from the kitchen, greeting the three of them in excitement. I huffed when she looked at me and flashed me a teasing grin. Unbelievable.

Another doorbell rang from the door, and I crossed my fingers as I heaved up a deep breath. "Please let that be Axel." I whispered, repeatedly chanting the same thing over and over again. I chose to ignore Natalia as I walked to the door and opening it again. Standing before me was my guest, his hair disheveled and his nose a rosy pink.