✦24✦

A grin spread across my face as I finished the end of the last cornrow on her head and curled the tip around my finger to make her hair coil, enjoying it's spring like movement around my hand

A grin spread across my face as I finished the end of the last cornrow on her head and curled the tip around my finger to make her hair coil, enjoying it's spring like movement around my hand. "And done!" I told her excitedly before glancing up at the mirror to look at my work.

Her white hair laid flat and neatly tucked into each braid, glistening slightly with the gel we'd found that she'd told me Teegan used to enhance her curls. The hairstyle suited her and was practical considering it would finally fit into her helmet without ripping some of the pieces out.

Most importantly, at least to me, it took her hair out of her face allowing me to look at her delicate features more clearly. Each part of her face was soft and round, you could tell she'd never been hardened by life as her skin lacked common scarring or even blemishes from sunlight and long days of hard work.

Her hair out of her eyes also meant I could notice how big they actually were, like twin pools of midnight rain that sparkled with her naivety and innocence. Out of habit I leaned down and pressed my lips on the front of her hairline before smiling down at her "What do you think?"

It was then I noticed she'd been staring at me the whole time through the mirror with almost a trance in her face. "Oh I'm sorry force of habit, it's something we do on my planet after we finish another's hair," I explained, realizing the reason she was probably looking at me with such a bewildered expression on her face, "I guess it's something I never really grew out of."

This snapped her out of her trance, "Oh no it's fine you can kiss me whenever you'd like," Her words floated into the air and she looked like she wanted to swallow them immediately afterwards "No I meant the hair looks great, you did a great job."

A cheeky smile spread across my face as I took in the sparkle that began to fill her cheeks as she blushed a dark silver. "I'll make sure to keep that in mind sweetness," I laughed running a thumb across the side of her head making her shiver slightly. "Do you actually like them? We could try something else if you don't, I'm a bit rusty so some of the lines may be a bit off."

Her eyes were now on her reflection in the mirror and a smile spread on her face once again revealing the deep dimples in each cheek that made her happiness contagious. "I absolutely love it, Sunshine, you'll have to teach me sometime when we're not," She waved her hand, "Escaping a planet."

"Or a prison," I reminded her of the day we met, "Don't worry, I find doing my hair super easy once I get the parts down, and besides the back of my head is none of my business anyway."

"Not on me silly," She giggled, standing up to admire her reflection better in the mirror, "On you."

My eyebrows flew up, "You want to do my hair?"

She shrugged, pulling her uniform down her shoulders, "If you'd let me, sure," Her eyes met mine briefly before she looked away again shyly, "Why would I learn to do my hair anyway," She joked playfully shoving me, "I have you."